This listing is for the stunning one of a kind pictured round brilliant cut Madagascar violet sapphire and white diamond ring. This is a well-made ring that is made to stand the test of time, but still looks beautifully feminine and organic. This ring is meant for daily wear and could be worn as an engagement ring or a right-hand ring. Sapphires are very wonderful stone options for daily wear as they are 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness (diamonds are the hardest gemstone at a 10...sapphire is the next hardest natural choice and excellent for those who love unusual colors). Although we can recreate this ring with a different gemstone, this sapphire is one of a kind. We've paired this ring with our Dewdrop band as well as our Waverly and Woodland rings.
This ring was first hand-carved in wax and then cast immortal in 14K gold. The prongs were hand-sculpted in wax to look like little claws...they are intentionally not perfectly centered. The artist loves to create organic forms that speak to the heart...when you see a Knot & Splice piece, we hope it evokes the art lover within you.
Custom versions?: We can create your own custom ring in the Ophelia design in different 14K/18K gold colors with other gemstones. Please email us here.
- This ring is currently a size 6, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 4 and up to size 8 (quarter/half/whole sizes 4–8; please see the resizing info below).
- RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship size 6 ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down (size 3–8 for this ring) takes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your ring size from the drop-down menu.
- Focal gemstone: one of a kind round brilliant faceted cut violet Madagascar parti sapphire, approx. 5.3mm (naturally mined and ethically sourced; "parti" refers to the gemstone being bicolored or multi colored)
- This ring pairs beautifully with our Ethereal ring, Briar Rose ring, and our Dewdrop ring
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: approx. 2.3 mm width x 1.8mm thickness
- Center setting size: 6.7mm x 6.9mm
- Center stone size: approx. 5.3mm
- 8 brilliant white (SI/GH clarity natural, conflict-free) diamonds: approx. 1mm (each)...look closely at the photos to see all three diamonds carefully nestled in place. There are 4 flush-set diamonds on each side of the center setting.
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Custom: we can recreate this piece using a different gemstone or 14K/18K gold. The set gemstone is one of a kind, but we can source a different gemstone for your ring. Please check out our Custom page for details on the process and email us at nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.