This listing is for our new Dewdrop ring (the sapphire ring is listed separately)). This ring is made to order in your selection of 14K yellow, rose, and palladium white gold with SI/GHI white diamonds (please email for other tiny gemstone options: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com). This ring design is a work of true art—first hand-fabricated in solid 14K gold using a variety of goldsmithing techniques that are near and dear to the artist's creative heart. This piece was then molded so that multiple rings of the same design can be created in the future...all are painstakingly hand-set and polished with utmost detail. There are two available ready-to-ship Dewdrop rings (1 in 14K yellow gold, 1 in 14K rose gold). You can see a bit more of the artist's process on Instagram.
- 2 ready to ship rings available (1 in 14K yellow gold, 1 in 14K rose gold (both are size 6.25, but please choose your correct ring size at checkout and we will resize the ring prior to shipping. Please note that resizing takes approx. 10 business days, although if you need the ring sooner, please email nicole [at] knotandsplice.com to see what's possible).
- Made to order: 14K palladium white gold is made to order. You can see an example of palladium white gold color here. If the ready to ship bands are sold out, we can make a ring just like it for you as made to order.
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: approx. 2.6mm (the band width varies a bit)
- Diamonds: select from brilliant white (SI/GH clarity natural, conflict-free). There are 6 that are approx. 1mm, and 2 approx. 1.5mm...all carefully set in organically formed gold droplets on the ring.
- Different accent gemstones? Please email us Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com for different colored sapphire or diamond options. We may have what you’re looking for in-stock or we may be able to special order gems for your ring [please note this isn’t considered “custom” but there may be a pricing difference]
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn).
- 14K gold (we use recycled milled metals—14K yellow gold and 14K rose gold pictured; please see the drop-down menu to choose your gold preference)
- White gold note: We do not use traditional white gold in the studio as it contains nickel (that gives it the whiter/silvery appearance) which is a common metal allergy (California states it is a carcinogen to work with in terms of dust and heating it for the metalsmith). Instead, for white gold we use an alloy that contains palladium instead of white gold. Palladium is in the platinum family, therefore it is priced as such. The color of 14K palladium white gold is a beautiful steely grey color similar to traditional white gold. Likewise, we do not use plating chemicals nor recommend it for white gold (traditionally this is done to give a super bright white appearance, however, it involves some very harsh chemicals as well as a constant upkeep for the client). We hope you love the palladium white gold on its own without the use of plating.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Other gemstones?: please email us to see what is possible at nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- There are two ready-to-ship rings (please select the ready to ship item and your correct ring size as well as your polish preference from the drop-down menus). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page for made to order and ready to ship items.
- Made to order: if ordering the made-to-order version of this ring, select Made to order, your correct ring size, and polish preference.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other shipping services.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.