This listing is for the stunning one of a kind pictured round brilliant cut J-K white moissanite and diamond ring (some of the photos also show our purple sapphire Ophelia (one of a kind)). The additional bands are separate but show how this ring can be paired with another ring, if desired.
The Ophelia ring is a well-made ring that is made to stand the test of time, but still looks beautifully feminine and organic. This ring is meant for daily wear and could be worn as an engagement ring or a right-hand ring. Moissanite is a lab grown diamond-similar gem (it is not a lab diamond, but it's own unique gem). Moissanite is a 9.5 on the 10 Mohs scale for hardness (diamond is a 10, sapphire is a 9). These are the 3 hardest gems for daily wear.
Although we can recreate this ring with a different gemstone, this sapphire is one of a kind. We've paired this ring with our Dewdrop band available here (or just add the matching band from the drop-down menu…please note this may be made-to-order and everything will ship together once the band is finished…please email us if you need rings by a certain date).
Custom?: Love this ring but desire a different gemstone? Please hit the chat button below or send us an email here (Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com).
This ring was first hand-carved in wax and then cast immortal in 14K rose gold. The prongs were hand-sculpted in wax to look like little claws...they are intentionally not perfectly centered. The artist loves to create organic forms that speak to the heart...when you see a Knot & Splice piece, we hope it evokes the art lover within you.
Custom versions?: We can create your own custom ring in the Ophelia design in different 14K/18K gold colors with other gemstones. Please email us here.
- This ring is currently a size 6.5, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 4.5 and up to size 8 (quarter/half/whole sizes 4.5–8; please see the resizing info below).
- RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship size 6 ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or downtakes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your correct ring size from the drop-down menu.
- Focal gemstone: lab-grown colorless moissanite (J-K color, VVS2 equivalent, round brilliant cut), approx. 5.5mm (0.73ct).
- About moissanite:
Moissanite in nature is extremely rare, so much so that all moissanite on the market is lab-created. Naturally occurring moissanite is only found in a few places in upper mantle rocks and mainly in meteorites. This connection to outer space is why this stone is sometimes called the ‘space diamond’ or ‘stardust’.
Moissanite is made of the mineral silicon carbide. Strong covalent bonding holds the crystalline structure together, similar to diamonds. This is why moissanite is very hard and able to withstand high pressure and temperatures.
Moissanite can withstand daily exposure and is highly resistant to scratching or breaking. Moissanite is also incredibly tough, meaning that it does not easily chip or cleave. It can withstand high temperatures and still maintain its sparkle.
Moissanite has exceptional sparkle and is one of the most brilliant gemstones. Moissanites have what is known as the ‘rainbow effect’ which is a fiery and colorful flash of color when the stone is viewed under light, especially natural light. This is due to moissanites very high Refractive Index (2.65).
While this is often not very visible in smaller stones, large moissanites can exhibit a strong rainbow effect. If this is something you prefer to avoid, a smaller stone may be more suitable for you."
- This ring pairs beautifully with the pictured Ethereal ring (first photos), Briar Rose ring; and our Dewdrop ring
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: approx. 2.3 mm width x 1.8mm thickness
- Center setting size: 6.7mm x 7mm
- Center stone size: approx. 5.5mm
- 8 brilliant white/colorless (SI/GH clarity; natural, conflict-free) diamonds: approx. 1mm (each)...look closely at the photos to see all three diamonds carefully nestled in place. There are 4 flush-set diamonds on each side of the center setting.
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Custom: we can recreate this piece using a different gemstone or 14K/18K gold. The set gemstone is one of a kind, but we can source a different gemstone for your ring. Please check out our Custom page for details on the process and fill out a form on the bottom of that page or just email us at nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.