Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
This is a handmade ring (top band does not come with but can be ordered separately) that is completely one of a kind. We will hand carve your ring, and therefore, no two rings will ever be exactly the same. We will create with the same design in mind and intention, however placement and little variations in textures/widths will occur.
Please choose from loose gemstones in our shop and then add your setting to your cart. Your ring will be handmade from start to finish.
The prongs are individually soldered after the wax carving is cast and each stone set to perfection. This ring features 8 hand-carved talon prongs and a low bezel that helps protect the center gemstone. Two diamonds are flush set on either side of the sapphire. This piece is a labor of love and will delight you every day.
Ring design details (please note that these will vary a bit depending on the gemstone's size (please note: larger/thicker stones may require a thicker band and a taller setting):
- Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
- Band width: 1.5mm (thickness is 2mm)
- Prong/bezel setting size: approx. 8.43 x 9.26 x 3.8mm
- Accent white diamonds: approx. 0.030ct; accent diamonds are ideal precision cut hearts & arrows natural white diamonds (GH color, SI clarity) cut by a 4th generation diamond cutter based in New York. These diamonds are extra firey/sparkly.
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
General checkout/shipping details:
- Please select a loose gemstone along with this setting when you check out. Your ring will be made especially for you. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see our current timing here)
This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.