"Toi et moi" is French for "you and me". This ring is my take on the classic toi et moi ring (that traces back to the 17th century) with two gemstones that represent lovers side by side. Contrasting gemstones are often used, and this is my organic and completely original version of it.
This ring was hand-carved and no mold was made. Two stunning vintage sapphires compliment each other and are set side by side. The under gallery is cut out to allow more light under the stones. The settings are hand-engraved and inset with milgrain detail around the setting and sides. This ring needs to be viewed from all angles to truly be appreciated for its beauty.
- This ring is currently a size 6.75, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 4 and up to size 10 (quarter/half/whole sizes; please see the resizing info below)...possibly a bit further (please use our Contact page to inquire).
RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down takes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your ring size from the drop-down menu.
- Focal gemstones: two vintage sapphires, one round brilliant yellow sapphire and one pear brilliant cut periwinkle violet/blue sapphire (depending on the lighting);
- 0.76ct total carat weight
- Front setting size: 7.3 x 12.66 mm (3.88 mm height)
- Band width (not including the front part): 2.1–2.6 mm
- Band thickness: 1.9 mm (not including the front part of the ring)
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.