Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.—Theodore Roethke
The name "Rowan" has Celtic and English origins and means red-haired. The Rowan tree has a sacred past. Since ancient times people have planted rowan trees beside their homes for protection, courage, and wisdom. The Rowan tree is also said to be a symbol of the Tree of Life.
"Another legend tells us how the Rowan tree bent over a fast-flowing river and rescued Thor from being swept away into the Underworld. The wood is strong and resilient, and has, since ancient times, been used to make protective crosses tied with red thread. The Rowan tree’s timber has also been used for carving rune staves, walking sticks, and was especially treasured for its divining properties."
The Rowan ring is a thicker twig-like forest vine of a band with a low profile drippy, talon prong setting. Each lovingly made by hand (the last photo shows all 4 of the Rowan rings together).
- size 6.25 (can be sized up or down 2 full ring sizes (sizes 4.25–8.25); Please select the ring size needed from the drop-down menu. Sizes other than ring size 6.25 will require careful resizing which is typically completed within 14–16 business days. Your ring will ship once it's resized, polished and ready just for you. We do recommend that a ring not be resized multiple times (this can weaken the band), so we recommend purchasing a ring sizer in our shop and/or by visiting a local jewelry shop to be sized professionally before purchase.
- One of a kind ring
- Sapphire: 0.50ct pastel lavender/purple rose cut Umba sapphire; Umba sapphires are generally unheated and contain unique inclusions known for this region.
- 14K rose gold (we use recycled 14k gold)
- Setting size: approx. 5.3 x 6 mm
- Band width: 1.5–2.3 mm (varies as it's hand-carved and textured)
- Band thickness: 1.3–2.1 mm (varies in thickness around)
- Purchasing to stack with another ring?: This ring pairs perfectly with our Locklyn band; if you desire to wear a band with it, we recommend a slightly curved band (if you don't mind a gap, then a flat band may also work). Please note that the Locklyn rings are sold separately in the shop.
Accent diamonds (optional add-on): please note we can add accent diamonds (1mm size) scattered into the front of the band (pricing options in the drop-down add-ons are for 2, 4, 6, 8, and 12 diamonds). The ring arrives as a solitaire (no diamonds) unless you purchase.
***Resizing: please note that resizing takes 14–16 business days; please choose your correct size from the drop-down menu. If adding diamonds to the band, it will be completed within this time frame, as well.
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.