This sparkly ring design is our new Rainbow & Cloud ring (but the largest diamond represents the "sun") in 14K gold and encrusted with diamonds. This piece is imbued with sunshine and joy. A rainbow and sparkling diamonds are set into bubbly "clouds", an abstract representation of sunshine and joy after the rain. Nicole created this ring with different methods of ancient goldsmithing and fusing and then created a mold so that we can recreate this in different 14K gold colors. It is truly a spirited piece.
Diamonds have long been regarded as the most precious of all of the precious gemstones. For this reason, diamonds often symbolize perfection, purity, and rarity. However, because of the durability of diamond—it is famously capable of cutting glass—diamonds also sometimes symbolize imperviousness and indestructibility.
The origin and meaning of diamond comes from Ancient Greece where the Greeks would refer to them as "adamas" (invincible). Ancient Greeks would wear diamonds in battle as a symbol of strength, believing that diamonds would make them undefeatable.
Plato talked of the world’s axis as being made of diamond. Pliny the Elder also argued that diamonds possessed preservative and curative properties, warding off disease and driving away malevolent spirits. The word "adamant" comes from an old French word for diamond which means a person is unwavering and committed.
Diamond is also the birth stone for the month of April. (source: interestingliterature.com)
- The 1 ready to ship ring is now sold.
- Made to order: 14K yellow gold, 14K rose gold and 14K palladium white gold options; we can create this ring design in 18K, as well (please email for 18K pricing)
- Band width: 2–2.5mm (varies a bit due to organic shape; please note the side profile of this ring is not perfectly round looking and this is due to the asymmetry in the droplets and front settings...it is supposed to look this way and will fit comfortably)
- Diamonds: brilliant white diamonds (SI clarity or better); approx. 0.21ct total; sizes vary from 1mm–2.5mm
- Finish: polished/shiny or brushed/matte (please select your preference from the drop-down menu)
- 14K gold (we use recycled milled metals—14K yellow gold, 14K rose gold, and 14k palladium white gold; please see the drop-down menu to choose your gold preference)
- Palladium white gold note: We do not use traditional white gold in the studio as it contains nickel (that gives it the whiter/silvery appearance) which is a common metal allergy (California states it is a carcinogen to work with in terms of dust and heating it for the metalsmith). Instead, for white gold we use an alloy that contains palladium instead of white gold. Palladium is in the platinum family, therefore it is priced as such. The color of 14K palladium white gold is a beautiful steely grey color similar to traditional white gold. Likewise, we do not use plating chemicals nor recommend it for white gold (traditionally this is done to give a super bright white appearance, however, it involves some very harsh chemicals as well as a constant upkeep for the client). We hope you love the palladium white gold on its own without the use of plating.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed with the artist's initials on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Other gemstones or custom ring?: please email us to see what is possible at nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- There is just one 14K yellow gold ready-to-ship ring (please allow time for resizing). You can see our current processing times on the FAQ page for both made to order and ready to ship items.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.