The Helene ring is a one of a kind sapphire cluster ring inspired by country sunsets (the second photo is of one of the many beautiful sunsets that inspired the color pairings in this ring). A wider band with beautiful textures that can only be done by hand, and a low profile prong-set cluster of stunning Umba sapphires are what really give this ring so much character.
Your custom version of this ring will be hand-carved in wax and then cast as a one of a kind piece directly into 14K gold. The setting sits directly on the finger and is very low profile, so a matching curved band will be needed to stack additional rings with it (we like to pair this ring with the Woodland or Locklyn rings, or both). This ring is truly one of a kind, although we may be able to create a piece for you like it with different gemstones via our custom page.
Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves. This particular ring includes the cost of the 4 rosecut Umba/Winza sapphires (please do not select loose gemstones from the shop, as this ring specifically includes the sapphires in the price of the ring setting). We will email you sapphire cluster options based on your color preferences.
Colors in rosecuts we have available for this design: pastel green, yellow, teal, blue, pink, purple, peach, bright pink/fuscia. Some of the Winza sapphires/rubies have beautiful indigo inkspot inclusions, as well. If you're unsure about the colors you'd like, please leave a note with your favorite color and we will select a few complimentary sets that will go together well and you can mix and match from those groupings to customize if you so desire. Typically we will email 3 sets to choose from.
About this ring design:
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for ceremonial and every day wear
- Pictured sapphires: 4 ethically sourced rosecut pastel Umba sapphires from the Umba Valley in Tanzania (this gemstone is unheated/natural); Umba sapphires, unlike many other sapphires, are almost never treated, which makes them very unique and extremely rare. Umba sapphires are often pastel or brightly colored with unique inclusions that sets them apart from other origins. Please note that your ring will vary and the configuration of the stones will be similar but based on the sizes and shapes of the stones selected.
- Pictured setting dimensions: approx. 10.3mm x 15.3mm
- Band dimensions (excluding the setting): approx. 3.05mm x 1.8mm, half-round style with polished interior
- Textures/finish: The handmade textures which really add so much to this special piece give this ring a less shiny look, although it is currently at a high polish. We can give it a matte/brushed finish if you select this option in the drop-down menu.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside of band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
General checkout/shipping details:
- Please leave a note with color preferences before checking out. The cost of your ring includes 4 rosecut sapphires. Your ring will be made especially for you. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see our current timing here). Please allow us a few days to pull a few 4-stone options for you to choose from. These options will be emailed to you.
This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.