Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
This is a handmade ring that is completely one of a kind (no mold was made and none will ever be replicated the same way again...see the last photo of this ring when it was being made in wax). We will hand carve your ring especially for you, and therefore, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
Matching bands do not come with, however, they can be ordered separately.
We can add tiny inset diamond diamonds (set into the band) if you don't want a solitaire (single stone) ring. There are many examples of flush and bead set stones in bands on our website to help you with a visual.
Accent diamonds (optional add-on): please note we can add accent diamonds (1mm size) scattered into the front of the band (pricing options in the drop-down add-ons are for 2, 4, 6, 8, and 12 diamonds). There is an example of a lab-alexandrite with two diamonds on one side (the client requested they be set this way). We will set diamonds symmetrically (i.e. if 4 diamonds are ordered, 2 will be inset into the band on either side of the center gemstone, etc.). For any special requests or to request different accent gemstones, please drop us a note here or email nicole [at] knotandsplice.com.
General ring design details:
- Setting size shown: marquise gemstone is 5 x 2.5mm (larger/thicker gemstones may require a taller/thicker bezel and/or slightly thicker/wider band to support your selected gem...most of our gemstones available as loose stones are larger than the pictured gemstone)—pricing for this setting takes this into consideration as it is likely that more 14K gold will be used to complete your custom ring.
- Setting style: low bezel that sits directly on the finger with an organic ruffly edge towards the bottom of the bezel)
- Band style: organic and a bit wavy...this ring is not uniform throughout, but will stack well with a curved or arched band
- Band width: 1.2–1.6mm (varies as it's hand-carved and textured)
- Band thickness: 1–1.4mm (varies in thickness around)
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.