Fraser means "of the forest people". This ring is one of a kind and was hand-sculpted painstakingly in wax and then cast immortal in 14K yellow gold. No mold was taken of it, and it is as of yet, one of my most favorite rings I've made.
A picture of water in a very rare North Carolina mined aquamarine in a modified trillion cut is clasped by heavy talon prongs. Textured vines climb the sides of the ring in an organic cathedral shape. This ring is a song of protection, harmony and an ode to all that is naturally beautiful and serene.
- This ring is currently a size 6.25, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 4 and up to size 10 (quarter/half/whole sizes; please see the resizing info below)...possibly a bit further (please use our Contact page to inquire).
RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down takes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your ring size from the drop-down menu.
- Focal gemstone: one of a kind 2.37ct aquamarine from North Carolina, USA in a custom elongated trillion cut; (approx. 9.2 x 10.3 mm)
- About aquamarine: Aquamarine is the Pisces birthstone (those with birthdays in March). A 7.5–8 on the mohs scale of hardness (diamond is the hardest gemstone at a 10; sapphire comes in at a 9; Aquamarine is durable for every day wear, but must be protected from hard knocks and scratching. Caring for your ring will ensure it can be worn for years to come). Some say that aquamarine symbolizes purity, releases fear/calms nerves, helps with decision making, provides protection, and renders soldiers invisible in battle. Aquamarine's name means "sea water" so it is most often associated with water. It is a type of beryl (other types of beryl include morganite and emerald). Aquamarine gets its blue hue from traces of iron in the mineral.
- Several of our wedding bands will stack well with this ring, if desired. Please contact me when purchasing if you'd like a wedding band recommendation.
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
Total band width: 4.6 mm (Widest in front where the vines are)
- Band width (not including the front part): 1.6–1.95 mm
- Band thickness: 1.7 mm (not including the front part of the ring)
- Center setting size: 11.6 x 11.46 mm
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.