Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom) based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
Please note: we can special order many types of gemstones in a variety of shapes/sizes including: Certified lab-grown diamonds, natural diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds, natural sapphires (in a variety of colors; heated or unheated), lab-grown gems (emerald, ruby, alexandrite, sapphires in a variety of colors). We special order gemstones for approximately 90% of our custom/bespoke orders. Please contact us by email: nicole (at) knotandsplice.com or use the contact form.
This is a handmade ring that serring for a custom-made ring. The pictured ring is sold, but your ring will be made just for you. Each ring is first hand-carved in wax, cast using the ancient lost wax casting process (cast in 14K gold). The bezel setting is fully enclosed and polished, illuminating the facets within the stone. A little surprise under the setting with droplets of gold gives this ring the perfect dewy feeling of a flower on the vine.
Bezels are a very low-maintenance setting for a daily wear ring. They're perfect for the adventurer (although for longevity of even the strongest ring, I always recommend you remove your ring before gardening, lifting weights, etc.). Heavier bezels are so strong, in fact, that in order to remove the stone, they'd have to be cut apart...aka one doesn't have to worry about prongs becoming loose or worn over time from normal daily wear.
Customized versions with a different style band or details?: please see our custom form
ring design details:
- Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear (we recommend sapphires, moissanites, diamonds, and lab diamonds for durability for daily wear and ceremonial/engagement rings; we do not source super soft gemstones for these settings, however, we can source lab-grown rubies, lab-grown alexandrite, lab diamonds, natural sapphires, natural diamonds, salt & pepper diamonds (natural), and occasionally sentimental gemstones like garnet or aquamarine)
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- Focal gemstone: your ring will be made with your chosen gemstone. More delicate rings will be made in the same style for a smaller gemstone.The design look will be based on your selected loose gem.
- Band width: 2–2.1mm
- Band thickness: 1.9–1.9mm
- pictured bezel setting size: approx. 8.2 mm x 8.4 mmx 3.8 mm (height; sits above band so a similar thickness ring can slide underneath the setting)
- Accent white diamonds?: please see the drop down menu to add diamonds (inset into the band)
- Pictured center stone—this 1.17ct square radiant cut (sold)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJB" (Nicole Jo Briant) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for the pictured ring in the photos. It is one of a kind. If needing resizing, please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.