Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom) based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
“Calla" means beauty, flower, lily and exists in their own language as names in Greek, Irish, and Swedish. This revised design is based on a popular one of a kind design I made years ago and features a molten front setting (optional: 10 sparkling diamonds bead-set into the front of the ring) with a talon prong-set center stone.
Please email us for a custom version with different gemstones at nicole [at] knotandsplice.com or use our contact form here.
About this design: The original design was first hand-carved in wax and then cast as a one of a kind piece directly into 14K gold. Each setting will be hand-carved to order. Your setting will be carved to fit the stone you select. While this design is pictured with talon prongs, we can create this design for you with rounded prongs (they look like eagle claws).
- the Calla ring is priced by itself as one ring, but can be paired with Locklyn, Woodland, and Briony bands (examples in the photo gallery)
- Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- Center gemstone: please select a loose gemstone from our shop as your ring will be custom-made especially for you with the gemstone of your choosing (pictured are approx. 0.50–0.60ct round brilliant oval stones in both examples)
- Optional accent diamonds: 10-GH color/VS clarity colorless natural diamonds, 5 on each side (approx. 0.90–1mm size); accents are off-set and bead-set into the band (please note: the 10 accent diamonds are priced as an add-on in the drop-down menu...without selecting this option, your ring will only contain the center stone you select from our loose gems section)
- Pictured band dimensions (excluding the setting): 2.1–2.35mm wide, 2mm thick (varies, organically carved)
- Textures/finish: This piece is highly polished and textured. We can also give it a matte/brushed finish if you select this option in the drop-down menu. Our signature textures are hand-carved and are reminiscent of nature. There are no sharp edges as wearability is a top priority in our designs.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed by the artist
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
General checkout/shipping details:
- Please select a loose gemstone along with this setting when you check out. Your ring will be made especially for you. Each ring will be varied and not exact as every piece will be made by hand and one of a kind. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see our current timing here)
This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.