Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom). **For this particular ring setting, the cost of the gemstones (Umba sapphires) is included (most of our settings do not include the cost of gemstones unless noted in the listing). We have purchased sapphires at parcel prices so to special order different gemstones, please use our custom page.
Colors in rosecuts we have available for this design: pastel green, yellow, teal, blue, pink, purple, peach, bright pink/fuscia. Some of the Winza sapphires/rubies have beautiful indigo inkspot inclusions, as well. If you're unsure about the colors you'd like, please leave a note with your favorite color and we will select a few complimentary sets that will go together well and you can mix and match from those groupings to customize if you so desire. Typically we will email 3 sets to choose from.
This listing includes the cost of one ring setting with 4 Umba or Winza rosecut sapphires (any pictured matching bands are not included and must be purchased separately). We will email you a few options of sapphires based on your noted color preferences.
About this ring design:
The Arion ring is a one of a kind sapphire cluster ring (with sculpted talon prongs) inspired by sunsets and another version of my "Helene" ring. A slightly wider band with beautiful textures that can only be done by hand, and a low profile prong-set cluster of stunning Umba sapphires are what really give this ring so much character.
Each custom ring will be hand-carved in wax and then cast as a one of a kind piece directly into 14K gold. The setting sits directly on the finger and is very low profile, so a matching curved band will be needed to stack additional rings with it. Each ring will be one of a kind...if you have questions about different gemstones or a completely different design, please inquire via the custom page.
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for ceremonial and every day wear
- Pictured sapphires: 3.33ct of ethically sourced rosecut pastel Umba sapphires from the Umba Valley in Tanzania (this gemstone is unheated/natural); Umba sapphires, unlike many other sapphires, are almost never treated, which makes them very unique and extremely rare. Umba sapphires are often pastel or brightly colored with unique inclusions that sets them apart from other origins. Please note that your sapphires will be different than the ones pictured as they are all one o fa kind.
- Pictured setting dimensions: approx. 13.8mm x 16mm
- Band dimensions (excluding the setting): approx. 3.12mm x 2.5mm, half-round style with polished interior
- Textures/finish: The handmade textures which really add so much to this special piece give this ring a less shiny look, although it is currently at a high polish. We can give it a matte/brushed finish if you select this option in the drop-down menu.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside of band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
General checkout/shipping details:
- Please select a loose gemstone along with this setting when you check out. Your ring will be made especially for you. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see our current timing here)
This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.