Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom) based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
Please note: we can special order many types of gemstones in a variety of shapes/sizes including: Certified lab-grown diamonds, natural diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds, natural sapphires (in a variety of colors; heated or unheated), lab-grown gems (emerald, ruby, alexandrite, sapphires in a variety of colors). We special order gemstones for approximately 90% of our custom/bespoke orders. Please contact us by email: nicole (at) knotandsplice.com or use the contact form.
About this design: The Wrenley ring setting is a 6-prong organic offset solitaire ring with a low profile. Paired with our Briony and Locklyn rings (and even the Waverly band), it is heavenly perfection.
A wren is a small songbird that has positive associations like spring, rebirth, and immortality. Those associated with the wren are said to have a cheerful, lively personality. Blue sapphires are said to connect one to luck, happiness, loyalty, and love. It is also associated with celestial hope, faith, and wisdom. Rulers of ancient Persia (and Greece) believed the sky was painted blue by the reflection of sapphire stones. These beautiful and durable gems are known throughout many cultures to be associated with truth, royalty, and sincerity. The perfect stone of symbolism for a lasting relationship with oneself and others.
- Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
- Band width: approx. 2.3 mm width x 1.8mm thickness (will vary slightly as each ring is custom carved to order)
- Optional accent diamonds inset into band (optional; see pricing in dropdown menu for 2–12 diamonds that would be inset into the band like the Ophelia ring or Azalea ring (off-center, for a larger amount of diamonds). Diamonds are round brilliant cut white/colorless (SI/GH clarity or greater; natural, conflict-free) diamonds: approx. 1mm each.
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- Pictured focal gemstone: please select a loose gemstone for your custom-made ring; (for scale, pictured finish ring features a 0.70ct round brilliant cut Madagascar sapphire (heated); approx. 5.54mm size (this ring is one of a kind and available in the shop as a ready to ship item))
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Shown in a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
hallmarked "14K" and signed by the artist's hallmark inside the band
- Band width (not including setting): approx. 1.65–2.0mm (varies due to organic carving)
- Band thickness: 1.77–2.39mm (not including setting)
- Pictured center setting size: 6.4 x 6.85 mm (your setting will vary based on your loose gemstone selection)
General shipping details:
- This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see our current timing here)
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice clients). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.