Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom) based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
If you would like a 0.50ct pear shaped stone like the size shown, please note we may be able to special order a stone for you in the exact shape/size. We also have a couple 4x6mm pear shaped sapphire available right now under the Loose gemstones section: yellow sapphire, light blue/periwinkle sapphire (and a few teal options available by email inquiry)
Please note: we can special order many types of gemstones in a variety of shapes/sizes including: Certified lab-grown diamonds, natural diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds, natural sapphires (in a variety of colors; heated or unheated), lab-grown gems (emerald, ruby, alexandrite, sapphires in a variety of colors). We special order gemstones for approximately 90% of our custom/bespoke orders. Please contact us by email: nicole (at) knotandsplice.com or use the contact form.
About this ring design: The Valkyrie ring is a one of a kind ring with the force and strength of the Valkyrie imbued in the ring. The Valkyrie comes from Norse mythology and is one of a host of female figures who guide souls to Valhalla. The Valkyries are also described as daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens and other times connected to swans or horses. Whether you identify with this region of the world or not, we can certainly appreciate strong women archetypes in literature and film.
14K yellow gold ring hand-carved and set with a blazing halo of diamonds (choose from white/colorless diamonds or grey/salt & pepper). In the center, four hand-carved elongated talon prongs clasp gemstone of your choosing.
This listing is for a bespoke one of a kind pictured 14K gold ring with your chosen center loose gemstone and white diamond accents set into the band. This is a thick, well-made ring that is made to stand the test of time, but still looks beautifully feminine and organic. This handmade ring design is meant for daily wear and could be worn as an engagement ring or a right-hand ring.
This is a handmade bespoke ring that is completely one of a kind.
Please note: matching band(s) do not come with but can be ordered separately).
We will hand carve your ring with your chosen loose gemstone, and therefore, no two rings will ever be exactly the same. We will create with the same design in mind and intention, however placement and little variations in textures/widths will occur. The shape of the selected gemstone will affect the shape of the setting (pear shape will be pear shape, radiant cut will have a radiant shape, oval will be an oval shaped setting, etc.).
Please choose from loose gemstones in our shop and then add your setting to your cart. Your ring will be handmade from start to finish. If you have any questions about the process of selecting a gemstone or anything else, please email us.
Ring design details (please note that these will vary a bit depending on the gemstone's size (please note: larger/thicker stones may require a thicker band and a taller setting; if you need help selecting a gemstone or would like us to source a custom gemstone for you like the pictured ring, please do not hesitate to email us):
- Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear
- Center gemstone: please select a loose gemstone from the shop for your custom-made ring, or reach out to us for a similar sized pear sapphire/diamond; (pictured finished ring features a 0.52ct teal/parti Madagascar sapphire in a pear brilliant cut; this ring is sold)
Accent gemstones: there are 13– 1.3mm diamonds around the halo of the pictured ring (you may choose from colorless/white diamonds or salt & pepper/grey diamonds...please email us to inquire about other options)
Pictured setting size: approx. 8.23mm x 10.4mm (will vary depending on the stone size and shape you select)
Shape of setting/halo will follow the shape of the chosen center stone
Band width: 1.6–2.7mm (will vary slightly, as it is organic)
Band thickness: 1.8mm (will vary)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside of band
- Shown in a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
General checkout/shipping details:
- Please select a loose gemstone along with this setting when you check out. Your ring will be made especially for you. Each ring will be varied and not exact as every piece will be made by hand and one of a kind. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see our current timing here)
This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.