Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom) based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...the two purchases (bespoke setting + loose gemstone (center stone)) will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
This listing *includes two rings (but does not include the cost of the center stone...please select from the shop or email us for a different center stone request; we can special order many types of gemstones including natural diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds, sapphires, and lab diamonds).
Please note: we can special order many types of gemstones in a variety of shapes/sizes including: Certified lab-grown diamonds, natural diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds, natural sapphires (in a variety of colors; heated or unheated), lab-grown gems (emerald, ruby, alexandrite, sapphires in a variety of colors). We special order gemstones for approximately 90% of our custom/bespoke orders. Please contact us by email: nicole (at) knotandsplice.com or use the contact form.
About this ring set (2 rings) design:Each ring is one of a kind and will be lovingly hand-sculpted in wax, cast for all times in 14k gold. It is very sculptural with intertwining vine-like tendrils that encompass a gemstone. Pictured are two Reverie rings we have made (one with a rosecut (pink) and one with a fully faceted oval cut (blue/periwinkle). The matching band (our Briony ring) was created to fit perfectly and sits underneath the sapphire ring setting (nested) with three tiny glistening inset diamonds. "Reverie" is a state of being lost in one's own dreams (daydreaming)...this is such for the heart's desire, that all the soul would light afire. Doubt thou the stars do are fire; Doubt thou the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love. —William Shakespeare
This listing is for a bespoke one of a kind pictured 14K gold ring with your chosen center loose gemstone and white diamond accents set into the band. This is a thick, well-made ring that is made to stand the test of time, but still looks beautifully feminine and organic. This handmade ring design is meant for daily wear and could be worn as an engagement ring or a right-hand ring.
This is a handmade bespoke ring that is completely one of a kind.
Please note: other matching band(s) do not come with but can be ordered separately—1 Briony band IS included in this ring set.
We will hand carve your ring with your chosen loose gemstone, and therefore, no two rings will ever be exactly the same. We will create with the same design in mind and intention, however placement and little variations in textures/widths will occur.
Please choose from loose gemstones in our shop and then add your setting to your cart. Your ring will be handmade from start to finish. If you have any questions about the process of selecting a gemstone or anything else, please email us.
Pictured ring details (your ring will be based on your preferences and center stone selection):
- Pictured Focal gemstone: 1.40ct opalescent pink/violet sapphire (color change; lighter in person and/or outdoors)—size is approx. 6 x 8 mm (this ring set was made for someone and is sold)
- Accent gemstones (wedding band only) GH/SI clarity (GH color) diamonds, approx. 1.2 mm size
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- 14K gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed by the artist on the inside band
Approx. dimensions of pictured of pink sapphire ring:
- Band width: 5.37 mm (front sculptural part of ring); 1.95 mm (back of ring) (not including setting)
- Band thickness: 1.95–2.12 mm (not including setting)
- Center setting size: 7.57 x 9.45 mm
- Band width: 1.5–2.12 mm
- Band thickness: 1.2-1.4 mm (not including diamond settings)
- Droplet bezel settings: 2-2.12 mm
General checkout/shipping details:
- Please select a loose gemstone along with this setting when you check out. Your ring will be made especially for you. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see our current timing here)
This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.