Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom) based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
*To capture a similar shape/look as the ring in the photos, we recommend a 0.50-1.5ct marquise stone for the center stone (please email us if you don't find what you're looking for here). An oval or pear will have a mimicked halo shape to the oval or pear center stone. Elongated symmetrical stones look best with this design.
Please note: we can special order many types of gemstones in a variety of shapes/sizes including: Certified lab-grown diamonds, natural diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds, natural sapphires (in a variety of colors; heated or unheated), lab-grown gems (emerald, ruby, alexandrite, sapphires in a variety of colors). We special order gemstones for approximately 90% of our custom/bespoke orders. Please contact us by email: nicole (at) knotandsplice.com or use the contact form.
About the Eira ring:
Eira is a one of a kind ring hand-carved sculpture made of 14k gold, grey or colorless diamonds, and your chosen center stone. Eira means "snow" in Welsh and has Scandanavian origins in the word Eir which means merciful. In Norse mythology, Eir was the goddess of health, who had the power to heal others. I named this ring Eira for from its inception, it has made me think of a fairy snow princess. With twig shaped scrolls cascading up each side of the ring, like the hidden forest floor climbing through the prose of wintry lore of olde.
"With every falling flake, a unique spark of interest falls from heaven." — Percy Miller
This listing is for a bespoke one of a kind pictured 14K gold ring with your chosen center loose gemstone and white diamond accents set into the band. This is a thick, well-made ring that is made to stand the test of time, but still looks beautifully feminine and organic. This handmade ring design is meant for daily wear and could be worn as an engagement ring or a right-hand ring.
This is a handmade bespoke ring that is completely one of a kind.
Please note: matching band(s) do not come with but can be ordered separately).
Ring design details:
Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear
Pictured center gemstone: one of a kind 0.96 ct (5.03 x 11.25 mm) pink moissanite (lab-grown gemstone) in a marquise brilliant cut (the pictured ring is sold; photos are an example)
- Pictured accent gemstones: 17-1.3 mm salt & pepper/gray diamonds (total diamond carat approx. 0.25 ct); please see dropdown menu for accent gemstone options
- Please contact me for a custom matching band prior to purchasing this ring, if so desired. This ring is low profile and will require a custom band if wanting to stack another ring with it. We recommend ordering both rings at the time the order is placed for a match.
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Approx. band width: 8.6mm in the front before setting, 2.1–2.6mm width after the split scroll part of ring
- Approx. band thickness: 2–2.55mm
- The pictured finished ring enter setting size: 9.92 x 17.85 mm
- Polished/matte finish preferences (select from dropdown; we default to polished for our rings unless otherwise specified)
- 14K gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed with the artist's initials on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- This listing is for a Create your own ring. You must select a bespoke setting + loose gemstone to receive a completed ring. Please note we do not sell our "settings" by themselves. Each Create your own ring is custom made based on your chosen stone selection and 14k gold color. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.