Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. To have a ring made, please select a loose gemstone from the shop and then a ring setting...this will equal the full cost of the ring that will be made especially for you by hand in our workshop.
This is a handmade ring that is completely one of a kind. We will hand carve your ring, and therefore, no two rings will ever be exactly the same. We will create with the same design in mind and intention, however placement and little variations in textures/widths will occur.
We can add tiny inset diamond diamonds (set into the band) if you don't want a solitaire (single stone) ring. There are many examples of flush and bead set stones in bands on our website to help you with a visual.
Ring design details (please note that these will vary a bit depending on the gemstone's size (the ring pictured features a rosecut; fully faceted stones will require a thicker band and a taller setting).
- Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
- Band width (not including the setting): 1.65–1.85 mm
- Band thickness: 1.25–1.35 mm (this will be scaled up to appropriately support the stone chosen for your ring)
- Accent diamonds?: choose from diamonds set in two different ways into the band. We will default to flush settings, but please send a note if you'd like them scatter-bead set. Here are examples of our two most popular styles of inset settings: Azalea ring (organically set bead-settings), Ophelia ring (flush set, evenly spaced).
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
______General checkout/shipping details:
- Please select a loose gemstone along with this setting when you check out. Your ring will be made especially for you. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings that will take 8–12 weeks to complete.
- This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.