This listing is for our Star Realm ring. An ode to Victorian jewelry with gems set inside the stars and a sprinkling of fairy dust in the form of diamonds. Truly a beautiful piece that would be amazing to create your own symbolism through the 3 gemstones used (think birth stones, favorite colors, each stone representing a goal or memory). We can customize this ring (please email us your request)
- 1 ready to ship ring available (1 in 14K yellow gold with mined teal sapphires and white diamonds (currently a size 7); please choose your correct ring size at checkout and we will resize the ring prior to shipping. Please note that resizing takes approx. 10–14 business days, although if you need the ring sooner, please email nicole [at] knotandsplice.com to see what's possible).
- Made to order: all other options are made to order especially for you
- Band width: approx. 5.52mm (front signet where the stones are set) and 3.16mm (everywhere else). This ring is 1.90mm thick.
- Gemstones: 13 gemstones set in the finished ring. There are three 2mm gemstones set into the stars and ten 1mm natural white diamonds (GH color/SI clarity) set around on the face of the ring around the stars; all gems are ethically sourced. Please contact us for specific gemstone requests or special combinations...we cannot list every possibility in the listing.
- Star-set gemstone options: we have multiple gemstones listed in the drop-down menu from diamonds to sapphires to lab-grown gems. The colors will vary a bit for tinier stones...please email us for more gemstone requests (nicole [at] knotandsplice.com)
- Accent diamonds: there are 10 natural GH/SI white diamonds set around the stars at the front of the ring. We may be able to use different gemstones by request (please use our Contact page or chat feature to get in touch)
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish instead)
- 14K gold (we use recycled milled metals—14K yellow gold pictured; please choose your gold preference from the drop-down boxes
- White gold note: We do not use traditional white gold in the studio as it contains nickel (that gives it the whiter/silvery appearance) which is a common metal allergy (California states it is a carcinogen to work with in terms of dust and heating it for the metalsmith). Instead, for white gold we use an alloy that contains palladium instead of white gold. Palladium is in the platinum family, therefore it is priced as such. The color of 14K palladium white gold is a beautiful steely grey color similar to traditional white gold. Likewise, we do not use plating chemicals nor recommend it for white gold (traditionally this is done to give a super bright white appearance, however, it involves some very harsh chemicals as well as a constant upkeep for the client). We hope you love the palladium white gold on its own without the use of plating.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Other gemstones?: please email us to see what is possible at nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- There are two ready-to-ship rings (please select the ready to ship item and your correct ring size as well as your polish preference from the drop-down menus). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page for made to order and ready to ship items.
- Made to order: if ordering the made-to-order version of this ring, select Made to order, your correct ring size, and polish preference.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other shipping services.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.