This is a handmade ring that is completely one of a kind (no mold was made and none will ever be replicated the same way again...see the last photo of this ring when it was being made in wax). It was first hand-carved in wax, cast using the ancient lost wax casting process (cast in 14K rose gold). The kite rosecut diamond is a champagne colored salt & pepper diamond (or galaxy diamond as they're sometimes called). Galaxy diamonds are earth-mined natural diamonds with inclusions. This champagne diamond is truly stunning in a fully-backed 14K rose gold bezel setting and very low profile ring.
Champagne diamonds are said to symbolize earth, nature, stability, and clarity.
We can add tiny inset diamond diamonds (set into the band) if you don't want a solitaire (single stone) ring. There are many examples of flush and bead set stones in bands on our website to help you with a visual.
Custom versions?: If you'd like a different stone in a similar style, please email us Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com. This sapphire is truly one of a kind and won't be replicated, but we can research a different gemstone for your ring if desiring a different 14k/18k color or setting style.
One of a kind ring design details:
- Current size: size 6.5 (we can resize this exact ring from US ring sizes 4.5–8.5 (quarter, half, whole sizes) complimentary to you; please allow up to 14 business days to complete resizing prior to shipping it out to you). Please choose your ring size preference from the drop-down menus.
- Band width (not including the setting): 1.65–1.85 mm
- Band thickness: 1.25–1.35
- Bezel setting: approx. 5.8 mm x 8.3 mm x 2.37 mm
- Natural diamond (champagne galaxy diamond): ethically sourced from our Canadian diamond supplier, this champagne (yellowish brown (but with the rose gold behind it can look just slightly pink in some lighting); approx. weight is 0.32ct, rosecut kite shape
- Accent diamonds?: choose from diamonds set in two different ways into the band. We will default to flush settings, but please send a note if you'd like them scatter-bead set. Here are examples of our two most popular styles of inset settings: Azalea ring (organically set bead-settings), Ophelia ring (flush set, evenly spaced).
- solid 14K rose gold
- Matching band?: pictured with our Woodland ring (there is an option from the drop-down menus to add a matching Woodland band to your order)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for the pictured ring in the photos. It is one of a kind. If needing resizing, please allow up to 14 business days to complete the resizing and package your order for shipping. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.