The Aisling ring is a one of a kind sapphire ring inspired by colorful Victorian acrostic rings and my "Helene" sunset inspired ring. Rosecuts originate in the 1500s during Victorian and Georgian eras. A romantic antique cut, they were (and still are) cut by hand to sparkle under candlelight.
"Aisling" is Irish for "dream" or "vision". Let this ring remind you of the dreams and visions you have for your life. A dream is a continuation of color...a light along the path. A basking in the sun. A careful collection of things close to your heart.
This ring was first hand-carved in wax and then cast as a one of a kind piece directly into 14K rose gold. The setting sits directly on the finger and is very low profile, so a matching curved band will be needed to stack additional rings with it.
Want a different 14k color or different sapphire colors?: This ring is one of a kind and ready to ship, but we also offer this design as part of our Create your own rings in any 14k gold color with the ability to choose sapphire colors.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.―
- size 7 (complimentary resizing prior to shipping is available for this ring; this ring can be resized from US ring sizes 5–9)(quarter/half/whole sizes).
- RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing takes 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours of careful work. Please select the desired ring size from the drop-down menu).
- 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled precious metals)
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for ceremonial and every day wear
- Gemstones: 1.4ct of ethically sourced rosecut pastel Umba sapphires from the Umba Valley in Tanzania (this gemstone is unheated/natural); Umba sapphires, unlike many other sapphires, are almost never treated, which makes them very unique and extremely rare. Umba sapphires are often pastel or brightly colored with unique inclusions that sets them apart from other origins.
- Setting dimensions: 6.23 mm x 17.71 mm
- Band dimensions (excluding the setting): approx. 2.2 mm
- Textures/finish: The handmade textures which really add so much to this special piece give this ring a less shiny look, although it is currently at a high polish. We can also give it a matte/brushed finish if you select this option in the drop-down menu.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside of band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
- Ready-to-ship (if requesting resizing, please add an extra 14 business days for resizing). This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a beautiful Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for shipping of this item. Your ring will be shipped with full third party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.