Please note: we do not sell the settings by themselves as they're created to order (custom) based on a loose gemstone chosen from the shop. This ring design includes the cost of the 4 rosecut sapphires (please do not select gems from the shop, as this ring already includes them). We will email you rosecut sapphires to choose from after your purchase is made (please allow us a few days to send sapphire photos).
Colors in rosecuts we have available for this design: pastel green, yellow, teal, blue, pink, purple, peach, bright pink/fuscia. Some of the Winza sapphires/rubies have beautiful indigo inkspot inclusions, as well. If you're unsure about the colors you'd like, please leave a note with your favorite color and we will select a few complimentary sets that will go together well and you can mix and match from those groupings to customize if you so desire. Typically we will email 3 sets to choose from.
About this ring design: The Aisling ring is a rosecut sapphire ring inspired by colorful Victorian acrostic rings and my "Helene" sunset inspired ring. Rosecuts originate in the 1500s during Victorian and Georgian eras. A romantic antique cut, they were (and still are) cut by hand to sparkle under candlelight. The pictured ring is an example of the configuration and design.
"Aisling" is Irish for "dream" or "vision". Let this ring remind you of the dreams and visions you have for your life. A dream is a continuation of color...a light along the path. A basking in the sun. A careful collection of things close to your heart.
This ring will be hand-carved in wax to fit each sapphire and then cast as a one of a kind piece directly into your selection of 14K gold especially in your ring size. The setting sits directly on the finger and is very low profile, so a matching curved band will be needed to stack additional rings with it. Each ring will be one of a kind, so if desiring a matching set of rings, please inquire at the time of purchase so that we can ensure the matching band fits perfectly.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.―
This listing is for a bespoke one of a kind pictured 14K gold ring with your chosen center loose gemstone and white diamond accents set into the band. This is a thick, well-made ring that is made to stand the test of time, but still looks beautifully feminine and organic. This handmade ring design is meant for daily wear and could be worn as an engagement ring or a right-hand ring.
This is a handmade bespoke ring that is completely one of a kind.
We will hand carve your ring with your chosen loose gemstone, and therefore, no two rings will ever be exactly the same. We will create with the same design in mind and intention, however placement and little variations in textures/widths will occur.
**PLEASE NOTE: no gemstone selection is needed for this design. Please purchase this listing by itself and we will email you a few 4-sapphire configurations based on your color preferences (if available). Your ring will be handmade from start to finish. If you have any questions about the process of selecting a gemstone or would like a different custom piece, please email us. We typically send a few sets of sapphires and you can mix and match colors from those sets for your ring.
Ring design details (please note that these will vary a bit depending on the gemstone's sizes; each ring will be hand-carved to order so there will be variation):
- Sizing: please choose your ring size from the drop-down menus. We can create this ring in quarter, half, and whole ring sizes. We strongly recommend getting sized professionally prior to placing your order.
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for ceremonial and every day wear
- Pictured sapphires (your ring will vary): 1.4ct of ethically sourced rosecut pastel Umba sapphires from the Umba Valley in Tanzania (this gemstone is unheated/natural); Umba sapphires, unlike many other sapphires, are almost never treated, which makes them very unique and extremely rare. Umba sapphires are often pastel or brightly colored with unique inclusions that sets them apart from other origins.
- Pictured setting dimensions: 6.23 mm x 17.71 mm
- Pictured band dimensions (excluding the setting): approx. 2.2 mm
- Textures/finish: The handmade textures which really add so much to this special piece give this ring a less shiny look, although it is currently at a high polish. We can also give it a matte/brushed finish if you select this option in the drop-down menu.
- Shown in a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- solid 14k gold (please choose from 14k yellow, 14k rose, or 14k palladium white gold; we can also cast your hand-carved piece in any 18k color (please reach out by email for pricing))
- Handmade and hallmarked by the artist
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
General checkout/shipping details:
- Please do not select a gemstone for this ring. we will email options based on your color preferences for your custom ring. Your ring will be made especially for you. Each ring will be varied and not exact as every piece will be made by hand and one of a kind. Please note these are bespoke/custom rings (see the FAQ page for current timing)
This listing is for a Create your own (custom/bespoke) ring. The artist truly sits down to create your ring in wax...completely one of a kind. While we build around this original design, no two rings will ever be exactly the same.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.