"Rune" is derived from the Old Norse word rún meaning "secret lore". This piece features three talon prongs that clasp raw Montana sapphires just as they are claimed from the earth. The band is our organic woodland style textured band. This design is as if plucked from Middle Earth.
Besides being imbued with the good energy it is made with, sapphire is a stone of royalty. It is said to protect the mind against negative energies, provide a calming effect, and strengthen intuition/clarity. Sapphire is a strong gemstone that is commonly used in daily wear pieces such as bridal.
A note from the artist: Many years ago, I had a 3-stone prong Montana sapphire ring design that some may remember. This is the more grown-up artist in the full vision version of the ring from so long ago on my journey. Durability and wearability are two companions of beauty in my work. Every piece is made with love—I hope you wear this ring to remind yourself of the beauty and magic that exists in the natural world and within yourself.
Ring design details:
- The pictured rings have SOLD; please see ready to ship Rune rings available here
- MADE TO ORDER: your ring will be made to order especially for you in your chosen ring size, and 14K gold. We can make this ring in solid 14K yellow, 14K rose, or 14K palladium white gold. 18K gold pricing available by email. You can also select from a shiny/polished finish or a matte/brushed finish (please note finishes are how the ring are delivered to you but are not permanent as the ring will gain it's own patina and finish as you wear it).
- Band width (not including the setting front part of the ring): 1.72–2.8 mm (organic)—this ring design is so perfectly balanced for the sapphire sizes and can stack with other rings
- Band thickness: 1.5–2.06 mm (varies due to its organic nature)
- Raw sapphire setting: 3.6–3.9 mm approx. size of each setting
- Prong settings feature hand-carved talon prongs
- Finish: choose from the drop-down menu either a polished/shiny or a matte/brushed finish (the last photo shows a 14K yellow gold ring that has a matte/brushed finish beside a polished 14K rose gold ring)
- Montana sapphires: prong-set raw Rock Creek Montana sapphires (the stones, although unique in colors and shapes, have all been mined from Montana and are a mixture of heat-treated/natural sapphire/conundrum stones; some are freeform in shape, while others maybe be more round/oval in shape). These have been consciously mined from Rock Creek, Montana. Colors can range from pastel colors teal/blue, yellow, white, peachy-orange-gold, green. We do not have pink or purple currently as these colors are super rare (if you're desperately wanting pink, please reach out for a custom order as the pricing will change). Some colors are much rarer so we may not have them in stock...if you'd like to request certain colors for your made-to-order ring, please leave a note at checkout with your color preferences. Please understand that we will do our best but may not have the colors you requested. For exact stone selection, please use our custom form (pricing will be higher).
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.