Eira is a one of a kind ring hand-carved sculpture made of 14k rose gold, grey diamonds, and a marquise faceted pink moissanite. Eira means "snow" in Welsh and has Scandanavian origins in the word Eir which means merciful. In Norse mythology, Eir was the goddess of health, who had the power to heal others. I named this ring Eira for from its inception, it has made me think of a fairy snow princess. With twig shaped scrolls cascading up each side of the ring, like the hidden forest floor climbing through the prose of wintry lore of olde.
"With every falling flake, a unique spark of interest falls from heaven." — Percy Miller
- This ring is currently a size 6.25, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 4 and up to size 10 (quarter/half/whole sizes; please see the resizing info below)...possibly a bit further (please use our Contact page to inquire).
RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down takes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your ring size from the drop-down menu.
- Focal gemstone: one of a kind 0.96 ct pink moissanite (lab-grown gemstone) in a marquise brilliant cut
- 5.03 x 11.25 mm)
- Accent gemstones: 17-1.3 mm salt & pepper/gray diamonds (total diamond carat approx. 0.25 ct)
- Please contact me for a custom matching band prior to purchasing this ring, if so desired. This ring is low profile and will require a custom band if wanting to stack another ring with it.
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Total band width: 8.6mm in the front before setting, 2.1–2.6mm width after the split scroll part of ring
- Band thickness: 2–2.55mm
- Center setting size: 9.92 x 17.85 mm
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.