This is a handmade ring that is completely one of a kind (no mold was made and none will ever be replicated the same way again). It was first hand-carved in wax, cast using the ancient lost wax casting process (cast in 14K palladium white gold (this is a white gold that is alloyed with palladium instead of traditional nickel which is a common allergy). The center stone is a stunning one of a kind rosecut Montana sapphire with a subtle pastel blue so famous for American mined sapphires (they're most often more pastel in color). The setting is a fully closed bezel that has been highly polished inside to make the light reflect off of the rose cut facets most beautifully. This low profile setting is so easy to wear and is perfect for someone who is super busy and adventurous. Bezel rings are pretty low maintenance and very easy to wear.
This ring is extremely durable and thicker but still very feminine looking ring. It is absolutely stunning on hand.
This piece was a labor of love and will carry all the good vibes of handmade and ethically sourced materials. The palladium white gold is a hypoallergenic form of white gold made with palladium to give the gold it's whiter steely ray color (it's actually in the platinum family). It was carefully and expertly handmade in the Knot & Splice home studio located in the Great Plains of Missouri.
Custom versions?: We can create your own custom ring in the Anais design in different 14K/18K gold colors with other gemstones. Please email us here.
Matching band: Please note the listing allows you to add the matching Woodland band (details about it here). The matching band is sold separately, but this listing allows you to add-on this ring to create a set.
One of a kind ring design details:
- Current size: size 5.5 (we can resize this exact ring from US ring sizes 3.5–8 (quarter, half, whole sizes) complimentary to you; please allow up to 14 business days to complete resizing prior to shipping it out to you). Please choose your ring size preference from the drop-down menus. If you should need further resizing, please email us: Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
- Band width: varies a bit as it is an organic hand-carved band (approx. 2.25–2.75mm)
- Band thickness: 1.55–1.72 (varies a bit)
- Bezel setting size: 7.5 mm x 8.6 mm (4mm height from bottom of bezel to top of sapphire)
- Montana sapphire: one of a kind rosecut pastel blue 0.94ct (with a larger hand appearance due to rosecut gemstones weighing a bit less). Truly such a special gemstone! Please note that sapphire are a 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness which is perfect for daily wear. This sapphire was mined in the United States from Montana (just as it sounds). Most Montana sapphire operations are small and use very little machinery (much of it is hand mined) as well as environmental practices to respect the land. This sapphire is as ethical as it gets.
- Accent diamonds?: we can inset diamonds into this ring band (please see the drop-down menu for number of diamonds and pricing...this will be completed prior to shipping to you on the exact pictured ring); diamonds will be set on each side (if 4 diamonds, 2 will be set on each side, etc.)
- solid 14K palladium white gold (we use recycled milled metals); Palladium white gold is more expensive than traditional white gold. It does not contain nickel as traditional white gold, but instead contains palladium which is a platinum family white metal.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for the pictured ring in the photos. It is one of a kind. If needing resizing, please allow up to 14 business days to complete the resizing and package your order for shipping. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices.