The Valkyrie ring is a ring design with the elegance and strength of the Valkyrie imbued in the ring. The Valkyrie comes from Norse mythology and is one of a host of female figures who guide souls to Valhalla. The Valkyries are also described as daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens and other times connected to swans or horses. Whether you identify with this region of the world or not, we can certainly appreciate strong women archetypes in literature and film.
14K rose gold ring hand-carved and set with a blazing halo of grey/salt & pepper diamonds. In the center, four hand-carved elongated talon prongs clasp a teal sapphire in a pear brilliant cut (from our lovely ethical sapphire dealer in Canada).
This ring was first hand-carved in wax and then cast as a one of a kind piece directly into 14K gold. The setting sits directly on the finger and is very low profile, so a matching curved band will be needed to stack additional rings. This ring is truly one of a kind, although we may be able to create a piece for you like it with a different gemstone via our custom page.
- size 7 (complimentary resizing prior to shipping is available for this ring; this ring can be resized from US ring sizes 5–9)(quarter/half/whole sizes).
- RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing—please see current timing here
- 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled precious metals)
- pictured with the Locklyn wedding ring (sold separately)
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear
- Center gemstone: 0.59ct teal Madagascar sapphire (unheated) in a pear brilliant cut (this sapphire appears darker or lighting depending on the light source)
Accent gemstones: there are 13– 1.3mm grey/salt & pepper diamonds around the halo
- Full setting size: approx. 8.23mm x 10.4mm and sits approx. 3.5mm high
- Band width: 1.6–2.7mm (varies, as it is organic)
- Band thickness: 1.8mm (varies a bit, as it is organic)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed by the artist inside the ring band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
- Ready-to-ship (if requesting resizing, please see our FAQ page for timing). This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a gilded lid black velvet Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for shipping of this item for full insurance/signature (if insurance is unavailable for the full amount to ship with the selected shipping method, a different mode of shipping may be used).
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.