This listing is for a one of a kind solitaire ring made in your ring size (quarter/half/whole US ring sizes 3–10) with the loose gemstone pictured. The gemstone is not available to purchase by itself as we spend a great deal of time sourcing special gemstones for Knot & Splice jewelry specifically. Please contact Nicole for additional photos/videos of this gemstone.
Specific details for this gemstone:
- Gemstone type: conflict-free salt & pepper natural diamond
- Cut/shape: rosecut faceted kite shape
- Approx. dimensions (in milimeters): 6.7 x 10.3 mm
- Carat weight: 0.80 ct
- This gemstone can be oriented either way (as imaged in the first two photos, or by East-west (horizontal))—we can discuss this detail by email as this ring will be custom-made just for you
- Other notes: Salt & pepper diamonds are included diamonds and often contains small pits, inclusions, crevices, and divots which is common for salt & pepper diamonds. This kite rosecut mainly only contains inclusions on the back of the gem which is common for rose cuts and doesn't affect beauty or wearability as it's usually covered.
The listed pricing is for a 14K yellow or rose gold (14K palladium white is available for an additional cost (we do not work with nickel-based white gold, only palladium-white gold which is a platinum family alloy and is more expensive than yellow or rose gold of the same karat)) solitaire single-gemstone ring made with the pictured gemstone as the center stone with your choice of ring band style:
- 1.6mm round band
- 2x1mm rectangular/flat band
- 2x1 half-round/comfort band
Gemstone will be set in your choice of setting (this may vary a bit based on the shape and cut of gemstone (we can discuss details)). Please note that depending on the setting, this can make the gemstone look much larger on the hand (metal adds dimension):
- bezel setting
- prong setting (4-prong setting included; additional prongs will be charged accordingly)
Other notes/details: Any geometric or oval shape can be set in an East-West or North-South orientation (if you need a visual, please email). Prong settings vary quite a bit so we may discuss the details over email (or send me photographs of a piece you like either in the shop or past custom work featured on Instagram). Rosecuts are typically set lower than a fully faceted gem, but this may vary depending on the size/shape of the gemstone.
Please see attached examples of past custom designs (this does not include all possibilities or designs, but is merely meant to give a few ideas and to show different band styles).
Please email for pricing for adding specific details, requests, and customizations prior to purchasing this listing (as this pricing only includes a minimal solitaire piece but can be added to and customized and will be priced accordingly): nicole [at] knotandsplice.com or contact here. Your piece can be made in a higher karat/different color of gold. We can also add side gemstones to your piece—your ring can be fully customized especially for you (or your loved one). This gemstone can also be turned into a pendant instead of a ring, if desired. Please note that the pricing is to give a basis for a simple solitaire ring and then build from there, as custom work is my speciality and pricing is carefully and laboriously based on details (all gold elements, labor/time/skill, as well as additional materials such as accent gemstones/diamonds).
Production time: for a single solitaire ring as listed above with no additional gemstones/customizations, production time will be approx. 8 weeks. Please email for rush requests (for a fee), but please note that we may not be able to accommodate very short turnaround times as every piece is handmade in the artist's home studio.
Shipping details for this piece:
- US SHIPPING: the price of this listing includes Priority Mail and full third party insurance with signature required for delivery.
- INTERNATIONAL: If ordering outside of the US, please select Priority Mail. Please email for any special handling inquiries/questions (we are happy to help!).
Stunning gemstone photograph on white background is by Molly Slough