This listing is for a one of a kind loose gemstone (as pictured). We now offer this curated selection from our gemstone collection to be paired with a selection of our organic settings (available separately—settings cannot be purchased by themselves). Please note that this is unlike purchasing from a mass-produced store...Every piece is hand-carved just for your gemstone. You may purchase this gem by itself (without a ring/setting), however, we do not sell our settings as they're truly works of art built around a gemstone.
Design/setting: After adding this gemstone to cart, please select a setting from the Create your own section. This listing is priced as the loose gemstone only. By purchasing this gemstone, you acknowledge you are not going to receive a finished ring unless adding a ring setting to your cart, also.
Specific details for this gemstone:
- Gemstone type: ethically-sourced blue rosecut green/brown sapphire
- The rose cut originated in the 1500's and was commonly used through the Georgian and Victorian eras. Rose cut gems have become popular in the last several years for the unique and romantic feeling they give, and are most revered in the handmade jewelry world.
- Origin: Madagascar
- Cut/shape/notes: round rose cut gem; unheated
- Approx. dimensions (in milimeters): 5.33mm x 5.54mm
- Carat weight: 0.87ct
- Other notes: We recommend that rosecuts are set with a polished fully-backed setting to reflect more light into the gemstone (the color of the gold will also play into the overall look of the finished piece). The photos shown on hand for a rosecut will appear darker as the background isn't a reflective surface (in gold, it'll be more reflective, hence the recommended shiny gold fully-backed setting). Most of the gemstones we use have small "imperfections"—we think these characteristics make each gemstone one of a kind and all the more special. Please note: these photos are taken at high magnification and the flaws, dust, etc. that you can see are typically not visible on the hand. This is an exceptional sapphire.
Shipping details for this piece:
- US SHIPPING: the price of this listing includes Priority Mail and full third party insurance with signature required for delivery. Processing times: please see the FAQ page for current processing times
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If ordering outside of the US, please select Priority Mail. Please email for any special handling inquiries/questions (we are happy to help). Please note that we do not collect customs fees or taxes and you may be liable for these in your particular country.