This listing is for a one of a kind solitaire ring made in your ring size (quarter/half/whole US ring sizes 3–10) with the loose gemstone pictured. The gemstone is not available to purchase by itself as we spend a great deal of time sourcing special gemstones for Knot & Splice jewelry specifically. Please contact Nicole for additional photos/videos of this gemstone.
Specific details for this gemstone:
- Gemstone type: ethically-sourced blue rosecut parti/bicolor sapphire
- The rose cut originated in the 1500's and was commonly used through the Georgian and Victorian eras. Rose cut gems have become popular in the last several years for the unique and romantic feeling they give, and are most revered in the handmade jewelry world.
- Origin: Madagascar
- Cut/shape/notes: oval rose cut gem; unheated, beautiful transparency and color dispersion
- Approx. dimensions (in milimeters): 4.6mm x 7.25mm
- Carat weight: 0.78ct
- Other notes: We recommend that rosecuts are set with a polished fully-backed setting to reflect more light into the gemstone (the color of the gold will also play into the overall look of the finished piece). The photos shown on hand for a rosecut will appear darker as the background isn't a reflective surface (in gold, it'll be more reflective, hence the recommended shiny gold fully-backed setting). Most of the gemstones we use have small "imperfections"—we think these characteristics make each gemstone one of a kind and all the more special. Please note: these photos are taken at high magnification and the flaws, dust, etc. that you can see are typically not visible on the hand. This is an exceptional sapphire.
This gemstone is available for other custom work (the examples given are general pricing for a basic solitaire (single-stone) ring). The listed pricing is for a 14K yellow or rose gold (14K palladium white is available for an additional cost (we do not work with nickel-based white gold, only palladium-white gold which is a platinum family alloy and is more expensive than yellow or rose gold of the same karat)) solitaire single-gemstone ring made with the pictured gemstone as the center stone with your choice of ring band style:
- 1.6mm round band
- 2x1mm rectangular/flat band
- 2x1 half-round/comfort band
Gemstone will be set in your choice of setting (this may vary a bit based on the shape and cut of gemstone (we can discuss details)). Please note that depending on the setting, this can make the gemstone look much larger on the hand (metal adds dimension):
- bezel setting
- prong setting (4-prong setting included; additional prongs will be charged accordingly)
Other notes/details: Any geometric or oval shape can be set in an East-West or North-South orientation (if you need a visual, please email). Prong settings vary quite a bit so we may discuss the details over email (or send me photographs of a piece you like either in the shop or past custom work featured on Instagram). Rosecuts are typically set lower than a fully faceted gem, but this may vary depending on the size/shape of the gemstone.
Please see attached examples of past custom designs (this does not include all possibilities or designs, but is merely meant to give a few ideas and to show different band styles).
Please email for pricing for adding specific details, requests, and customizations prior to purchasing this listing (as this pricing only includes a minimal solitaire piece but can be added to and customized and will be priced accordingly): nicole [at] knotandsplice.com or contact here. Your piece can be made in a higher karat/different color of gold. We can also add side gemstones to your piece—your ring can be fully customized especially for you (or your loved one). This gemstone can also be turned into a pendant instead of a ring, if desired. Please note that the pricing is to give a basis for a simple solitaire ring and then build from there, as custom work is my speciality and pricing is carefully and laboriously based on details (all gold elements, labor/time/skill, as well as additional materials such as accent gemstones/diamonds).
Production time: for a single solitaire ring as listed above with no additional gemstones/customizations, production time will be approx. 8 weeks. Please email for rush requests (for a fee), but please note that we may not be able to accommodate very short turnaround times as every piece is handmade in the artist's home studio.
Shipping details for this piece:
- US SHIPPING: the price of this listing includes Priority Mail and full third party insurance with signature required for delivery.
- INTERNATIONAL: If ordering outside of the US, please select Priority Mail. Please email for any special handling inquiries/questions (we are happy to help).