This piece was completely hand-carved in wax by the artist with beautiful organic textures and then cast in 14K yellow gold. It features a unique longer talon prong setting in the center (with the stone sitting low into the ring) and two hand-engraved bead-set moissanite stones (lab-grown diamond alternatives) as accents. It is the perfect ring for a nature and art lover. Atara means "crowned" or "blessed". The sapphire is one of a kind, however, please contact us for custom versions via the Custom page.
This ring is sold individually, however the photos show this ring paired with our Locklyn ring (with diamonds).
- size 7 (complimentary resizing prior to shipping is available for this ring; this ring can be resized from US ring sizes 5–9 (quarter/half/whole sizes).
RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing up or down UP TO 2 whole sizes takes 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours of careful work. Please use the drop-down menu to select your desired ring size.
- 14K yellow gold—we use recycled 14K gold
- Finish: currently high polish/shiny, but this ring can be finished with a matte/brushed satin look prior to shipping (please select your preference from the dropdown menu)
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear; care must be taken with any prong-set ring
- 4 hand-carved claw prongs clasp the most stunning ethically-sourced center oval brilliant cut 1.18 Umba sapphire (unheated; 5 x 7.2 mm)
- Band width beyond setting: approx. 3–3.5mm (varies)
- Setting dimensions: approx. 8.6mm x 12mm
- Details about the center sapphire: 1.18ct unheated Umba sapphire (bicolor pastel silvery-purple with splashes of pastel teal and orange (depending on the viewing angle))
- Moissanite accents: 0.18ct approx. DEF Stuller moissanite (lab-grown diamond alternative); approx. 3mm each
- hallmarked "14K" inside each ring and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page from the main menu
- Ready-to-ship (if requesting resizing, please allow an extra 14 business days to complete this work and carefully resize your ring). This item is one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a velvet Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.