The Astraea ring is a hand-carved engagement ring design in the toi et moi sentiment (toi et moi means “you and me” in French). Designed with hand carved protective prong settings and bark textures throughout. The original ring was made for a custom client and no mold was made, therefore there will be slight variations as your ring will be handmade to order. There is an option to add a custom fit wedding band with 5 or 8 diamonds (priced separately). The pictured finished ring is sold (we used two of their approx. 0.50ct heirloom diamonds as well as antique accents on the bands). Your ring will be made to order with the stones of your choosing which can be the same stone type or two completely different stones. Please email for special colors or shapes: Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com.
Made to order (your toi et moi ring will be made especially for you with the gemstones and 14K gold color that you select from the drop-down menus):
- Made to order/custom-made in sizes 3–12 (half/quarter/whole): please select your correct ring size from the drop-down menu (please note that the gemstones are set into the metal, and as such, it is difficult to resize this ring so it's best to know your exact ring size; you may also purchase a ring sizer in the shop ahead of time to obtain your correct size prior to purchasing)
Toi et moi (engagement style) two-stone ring details:
- Finish: please select either shiny/polished or matte/brushed for the finish of your ring.
- Metal options: 14K yellow, 14K rose gold, and 14K palladium white gold. 14K palladium white gold is a nickel-free/hypoallergenic white gold and contains palladium (from the platinum family) instead of nickel as the alloy...it has a beautiful silvery steel gray color; it is very durable and priced a bit higher as it's a much higher quality form of white gold). We also offer 18k yellow gold and 18K palladium white gold in the drop-down menu.
- Center stones: please see the drop-down menu for options. Some of these may have limited availability or be back ordered. Most of the stones are approx. 5–5.5mm with varying carat weights. Colorless diamonds are approx. 0.50 ct (natural and lab-grown). Colored gemstones often weigh a bit more. Please see labeled gemstone grid for stock images of gems (natural gems may vary a bit).
- Accent diamonds: 1.2mm (10 total with 5 on each side); we can source different accent gems (i.e. sapphires) depending on availability. Please email your request: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
- Band width x thickness: 2-3mm (not including settings) x approx. 2-2.5mm (varies due to organic nature)
- Setting style: two 8-prong organic settings with rounded prongs (please email for inquiries about bezels or a different style of setting as a customization: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
- the inside of the ring is hallmarked "14K" for 14K gold purity (18K gold will be hallmarked “18K”)
- Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice velvet gift box with outer white box and satin ribbon. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- Shipping: this item will be fully insured. For international orders, we recommend using an Express option and will add insurance to your package.
Custom wedding band: optional add-on under the drop-down menu for a twig-textured matching curved band; diamonds will be approx. 1.5mm each; choose from 5 or 8 diamonds. Please email for other gemstone requests/availability: Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com.
Please note: A macro lens and professional camera have been used to photograph the details in these delicate pieces (macro pictures an item at 10x higher magnification than the eye can see). While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.