The ring is one of a kind and was lovingly hand-sculpted in wax, cast for all times in 14k gold. Talon prongs in this low profile setting clasp a rosecut kite moissanite. Droplets of gold adorn the underside of the setting, with natural textures on this hand-carved ring.
Please note: if you would like a custom piece based on this design with a different gemstone, please reach out via the contact form or fill out a custom form here.
This listing is for the kite moissanite ring only. The matching bands shown are the Locklyn ring with diamonds and the Woodland ring with diamonds and are available to purchase separately.
- This ring is currently a size 7, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 5 and up to size 9 (quarter/half/whole sizes; please see the resizing info below). For other sizes, please contact us for a custom piece so that your ring will be the perfect fit.
RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down takes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your ring size from the drop-down menu.
- Focal gemstone: 0.96ct rosecut kite moissanite (colorless)
What is moissanite?:
"Moissanite was first discovered by Henri Moissan in 1893 in a meteor crater in Arizona and was named in his honor. Initially Moissan mistook it for diamonds but later realized that it was a rock in its own right.
Moissanite in nature is extremely rare, so much so that all moissanite on the market is lab-created. Naturally occurring moissanite is only found in a few places in upper mantle rocks and mainly in meteorites. This connection to outer space is why this stone is sometimes called the ‘space diamond’ or ‘stardust’.
Moissanite is made of the mineral silicon carbide. Strong covalent bonding holds the crystalline structure together, similar to diamonds. This is why moissanite is very hard and able to withstand high pressure and temperatures.
Moissanite can withstand daily exposure and is highly resistant to scratching or breaking. Moissanite is also incredibly tough, meaning that it does not easily chip or cleave. It can withstand high temperatures and still maintain its sparkle.
Moissanite has exceptional sparkle and is one of the most brilliant gemstones. Moissanites have what is known as the ‘rainbow effect’ which is a fiery and colorful flash of color when the stone is viewed under light, especially natural light. This is due to moissanites very high Refractive Index (2.65).
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: 1.93mm (not including setting)
- Band thickness: approx. 1.9mm (not including setting)
- Center setting size: aporox. 8.5 x 11.3 x 5.46 mm
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.