"Nereida" means sea nymph or mermaid in Greek and Spanish.
This solitaire ring was first hand-carved in wax and then cast as a one of a kind piece directly into 14K yellow gold. It features a low-profile rounded prong setting with one of our natural branch/twig style textures on the band.
No mold was taken of this ring, so it is truly one of a kind. This ring can have diamonds added to the shoulders of the band like on our Ophelia ring (please see the drop-down menu for pricing on adding diamonds to the band). We will set the diamonds prior to shipping the ring out to you.
- the Nereida ring is priced by itself as one ring, but can be paired with Locklyn, Woodland, and Briony bands (examples in the photo gallery)
- size 6 (complimentary resizing prior to shipping is available for this ring; this ring can be resized from US ring sizes 4–8 (quarter/half/whole sizes).
- RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing takes up to 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours of careful work. Please select the desired ring size from the drop-down menu).
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled precious metals)
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for ceremonial and every day wear
- Center sapphire: 0.81ct green/parti oval brilliant cut sapphire (Nigeria origin)
- Band width (excluding the setting): 2.02–2.28mm (varies)
- Band thickness: 1.55–1.95mm (varies a bit as it is organic)
- Setting dimensions: 5.21 x 7.63 x 2.86mm
- Textures/finish: This piece is highly polished which is the most popular finish requested. We can also give it a matte/brushed finish if you select this option in the drop-down menu.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed with the artist's initials on the inside of the band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
- Ready-to-ship and one of a kind (if requesting resizing, please add an extra 14 business days for resizing). This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a beautiful Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for shipping of this item. Your ring will be shipped with full third party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.