“Marveling at his own boldness, he said softly, "I would enter your sleep if I could, and guard you there, and slay the thing that hounds you, as I would if it had the courage to face me in fair daylight. But I cannot come in unless you dream of me.”
About this ring: 14k yellow gold in the most resplendent design…as a butterfly in the forest full of fireflies. This one is a magical portal to another dimension. I imagined a fairy door when I started the design and built it based on that sentiment of gratitude and wonder for the unknown and all measures of light.
There are 9 diamonds, two in teardrop forms (pear shape)…because what is joy without some grief? The full spectrum of the mystery of life as I feel it is imbued into this ring.
A bicolor pink/purple opalescent sapphire is at the top or bottom, depending on how it is worn. I love rings that don’t have to have a large gemstone but rather feel like dispersed light itself…so this is my completely lovingly-eccentric daydream portal ring.
"Chrysalis" is made in a cathedral style so it easily nests with other bands, but due to the size of the design, I think it would be most beautiful paired with a custom curved matching ring.
Custom version?: We can recreate this design with the exact same size gemstones but in any gemstone pairing that we are able to source (diamonds, different colored sapphires, moissanite). Please email us for a customized version: nicole (at) knotandsplice.com or use our Contact form here.
- size 6.75 (complimentary resizing prior to shipping is available for this ring; this ring can be resized from US ring sizes 4.75–8.75)(quarter/half/whole sizes).
- RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing takes 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours of careful work. Please select the desired ring size from the drop-down menu).
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled precious metals)
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for ceremonial and every day wear
- Sapphire: approx. 3.5mm opalescent pink/purple sapphire
- Diamonds: 7–1.2mm GH/SI colorless round brilliant cut diamonds (natural); 2–2.5x4mm pear brilliant cut diamonds
- Setting dimensions:
- Band dimensions (excluding the setting): 2.6mm wide (varies due to sculptural nature of ring); 1.9–2.4mm thickening
- Matching band needed?: please email nicole [at] knotandsplice.com
- Textures/finish: The handmade textures which really add so much to this special piece give this ring a less shiny look, although it is currently at a high polish. We can give it a matte/brushed finish if you select this option in the drop-down menu.
- hallmarked "14K" and signed by the artist
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
- Ready-to-ship (if requesting resizing, please add an extra 14 business days for resizing). This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a beautiful Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for shipping of this item. Your ring will be shipped with full third party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.