This listing is for a one of a kind loose gemstone (as pictured). We now offer this curated selection from our gemstone collection to be paired with a selection of our organic settings (available separately—settings cannot be purchased by themselves). Please note that this is unlike purchasing from a mass-produced store...Every piece is hand-carved just for your gemstone. You may purchase this gem by itself (without a ring/setting), however, we do not sell our settings as they're truly works of art built around a gemstone.
Design/setting: After adding this gemstone to cart, please select a setting from the Create your own section. This listing is priced as the loose gemstone only. By purchasing this gemstone, you acknowledge you are not going to receive a finished ring unless adding a ring setting to your cart, also.
Specific details for this gemstone:
- Gemstone type: ethically-sourced opalescent white (with a slight pastel lavender silk) sapphire (a snow maiden, for sure); the silk in a sapphire can lend to a unique opalescent look that is very desirable in the custom handmade fine jewelry world; sapphires are 9 on Mohs scale hardness which is just under a diamond in hardness (durable). We like to think of these rare opalescent gems as having desirable visual characteristics of opal, but with much more durability when compared to opal.
- Cut/shape: custom full faceted pear
- Origin: Madagascar; unheated
- Approx. dimensions (in milimeters): 6.6mm x 8.5mm
- Carat weight: 1.46ct
- Other notes: most of the gemstones we use have small "imperfections"—we think these characteristics make each gemstone one of a kind and all the more special. Please note: these photos are taken at high magnification and the flaws, dust, etc. that you can see are typically not visible on the hand. This is an exceptional sapphire.
Shipping details for this piece:
- US SHIPPING: the price of this listing includes Priority Mail and full third party insurance with signature required for delivery. If creating a ring with your gemstone, please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery.
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If ordering outside of the US, please select Priority Mail. Please email for any special handling inquiries/questions (we are happy to help). Please note that we do not collect customs fees or taxes and you may be liable for these in your particular country.