This is a handmade ring that is completely one of a kind (no mold was made and none will ever be replicated the same way again). It was first hand-carved in wax, cast using the ancient lost wax casting process (cast in 14K palladium white gold (this is a white gold that is alloyed with palladium instead of traditional nickel which is a common allergy). The prongs were individually soldered and each stone set to perfection. The center stone is a stunning one of a kind Montana sapphire with beautiful silky inclusions. This ring features 8 hand-carved talon prongs and a low bezel that helps protect the sapphire. Two diamonds are flush set on either side of the sapphire. This piece was a labor of love and will delight you every day.
Custom versions?: We can create your own custom ring in the Wisteria design in different 14K/18K gold colors with other gemstones. Please email us here.
Matching band: Please note the listing allows you to add the matching Woodland band (details about it here). The matching band is sold separately, but this listing allows you to add-on this ring to match.
One of a kind ring design details:
- Current size: size 6.5(we can resize this exact ring from US ring sizes 4.5–8.5 (quarter, half, whole sizes) complimentary to you; please allow up to 14 business days to complete resizing prior to shipping it out to you). Please choose your ring size preference from the drop-down menus.
- Band width: 1.5mm (thickness is 2mm)
- Prong/bezel setting size: approx. 8.43 x 9.26 x 3.8mm
- Accent white diamonds: approx. 0.030ct; accent diamonds are ideal precision cut hearts & arrows natural white diamonds (GH color, SI clarity) cut by a 4th generation diamond cutter based in New York. These diamonds are extra firey/sparkly.
- Montana sapphire center stone—this sapphire is completely one of a kind and we'll never see one exactly like it again! 1.05ct and approx. 6.65 x 5.09mm in size, this sapphire comes from our Canadian ethical sapphire dealer Sorbet Sapphires. I am absolutely obsessed with the swaths of blue silk in this stone. A pastel milky blue with darker inky blue silk. Truly such a special gemstone! Please note that sapphire are a 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness which is perfect for daily wear. This sapphire was mined in the United States from Montana (just as it sounds!). Most Montana sapphire operations are small and use very little machinery (much of it is hand mined) as well as environmental practices to respect the land.
- solid 14K palladium white gold (we use recycled milled metals); Palladium white gold is more expensive than traditional white gold. It does not contain nickel as traditional white gold, but instead contains palladium which is a platinum family white metal. It is a bright steely grey to silver color that is soft and beautiful without any plating. This is a more sustainable option for white gold in that the client doesn't have to worry about allergic reactions (traditional white gold contains nickel) and it does not need to be plated which is something that would require a client to constantly maintain. We love palladium white gold!
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for the pictured ring in the photos. It is one of a kind. If needing resizing, please allow up to 14 business days to complete the resizing and package your order for shipping. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.