“Sometimes the most beautiful things in our paths are the ones we completely miss. Either our eyes are not open at the time, or our hearts are entirely closed, but really, they’re one in the same even if we can’t recognize it. Loss and suffering are a catalyst for reality that make every breath suddenly matter, and every heart beat so precious. It is not what is, but suddenly we’re found exposed, in a field, completely aware of what lies behind—at the same time paralyzed by what eternity holds. Suddenly the insignificant things fall away, and we are aware of the bones (and maybe all we hold dear). I made this piece to represent the fight within, this working like cogs in time and place...and all that also passes understanding. The light that comes through in the broken, humbled parts of ourselves. This is where I’ve found all that is dear to me.”—Nicole Jo Melton (written about this one of a kind art jewelry piece)
- will fit size 6.5 (no resizing due to the way this piece is constructed; size accommodates for the larger width band, will fit a US size 6.5)
- one-of-a-kind highly-polished solid weighty sterling silver ring with a handmade sterling silver thick bezel and hand-stamped/textured wide/thick band (substantial 14 gauge). Two handmade teardrop bezels are on either side of the focal stone. This piece is entirely hand fabricated.
- focal stone—natural Arizona pyrite stone cut by a female lapidary artist who lives near my parents’ home town in Indiana. This stone is full of pyrite and highly reflective, so I did my best to capture it…but it is absolutely exquisite in person.
- accent stones—Two accent teardrop Turquoise Mountain turquoise stones (mined in Arizona) flank the sides of the focal stone
- signature "NM" and ".925" are stamped on the inside of the ring; the ring is filed smooth to the back of the setting for comfort. Every edge is beveled/smoothed for ultimate comfort and daily wear.
- The piece has a stippled texture throughout, and clean/smooth interior and backing.
- handmade in Kansas City, MO by artist Nicole Jo Melton
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page.
- ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing times)
- This item is a one-of-a-kind ring. You will receive the exact ring pictured. This ring cannot be resized.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.