This ring is truly spectacular and features a one of a kind rare turquoise stone from the very small turquoise claim, Cheyenne turquoise mine. This mine is located in Nevada, USA, and at the time this stone was purchased, the mine was owned by a silversmith. They do not sell much from their mine to other jewelers or the public. This turquoise stone has been in my collection for roughly 6 years until it became the beautiful ring you see now.
Turquoise has been dated to have been around for quite sometime. A 7500 year old mummy in Egypt was found with turquoise. This gemstone has rich meaning in many cultures including Native American nations. Native Americans refer to this stone as the fallen "sky stone". It is believed to protect, provide healing energy, and support the wearer. It is most often a symbol of good fortune, prosperity, and power. Much of turquoise sold in the world is sadly fake or treated (if the price is too good to be true, it often is fake, dyed howlite, etc.).
This Cheyenne turquoise stone is truly in the top 1% of untreated and rare turquoise.
- This ring is currently a size 7.5, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 5.5 and up to size 9.5 (quarter/half/whole ...possibly a bit further (please use our Contact page to inquire).
RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down takes approx. 14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please select your ring size from the drop-down menu.
- Details about the turquoise gemstone: approx. 15 mm x 19.5 mm polychrome natural American mined turquoise from the Cheyenne mine. As stated above, it is a very small claim of which the artist does not make much available to the public. This turquoise stone was acquired approx. 6 years ago and has waited to become this ring!
- Turquoise care: Turquoise requires a little tender loving care. Please try to avoid exposing it to water when possible (unless cleaning the ring). Avoid all soaps, lotions, etc. as this can change the look of untreated turquoise over time. This ring should be removed any time you're working out, doing yard work, swimming, showering, etc.
- Accent gemstones: there are two 1.5mm teal sapphires set into the side of the ring on either side of the main setting
- Hand carved & one of a kind: hand-carved ring made by the artist in wax, cast in 14K gold (the wax is burned away and only the gold remains in the final piece); no mold was taken of this ring so it is the only one like it in the world.
- low profile ring that sits directly on the finger (please note that a curved band could be stacked below...please reach out for suggestions, if desiring a ring set)
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: approx. 1.8–2.3 mm
- Center bezel setting (entire face of ring): 16.9 mm x 20.20 mm
- Currently a polished finish (can be finished with a matte/brushed finish...please note, as you wear the ring, it will burnish and become more polished with time); polishing and brushed finishes will wear as they are loved and worn.
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
General shipping details:
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page; please allow up to 14 business days for resizing (complimentary)
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.