This one of a kind "Tendril" ring was first hand-carved in wax and it sat on my wax bench awhile before I decided what I would do with the shoulders of the ring. One day I sketched out a perfect little vine and under the microscope, I hand-engraved the little vines on each side of the ring. The definition of a "tendril" is this: "a leaf, stipule, or stem modified into a slender spirally coiling sensitive organ serving to attach a climbing plant to its support." I find it so fascinating that the most sensitive, fragile part of a plant also helps it to stand, withstand, to acclimate, to immerse into the environment. Within each of us are fragile parts, like the tendril...they are a formative part of us that helps us survive, withstand, and thrive.
When I carved the little vines on the sides of this ring, I didn't think about this consciously until after...the center pink sapphire represents a flower, the side gems represent the sky, the gold represents the sun, and the tendrils (vines) are the fragile parts that support, uphold, and make the plant endearing, charming...a natural wonder to behold. May we all find the love for those parts of ourselves that we find too dark, too ugly, too broken, or too fragile. You are worthy, you are loved.
- size 7 (complimentary resizing prior to shipping is available for this ring; this ring can be resized from US ring sizes 5–9 (quarter/half/whole sizes).
- RESIZING INFO (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): complimentary in-house resizing up or down up to 2 whole sizes takes 10–14 business days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours of careful work. Please select the desired ring size from the drop-down menu).
- 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled precious metals)
- one of a kind heirloom ring perfect for engagement and every day wear
- Total gemstone carat weight: 1.17 ct
- Center gemstone: 0.79ct pink/fuscia/violet round brilliant cut Madagascar sapphire; approx. 5.45mm size...have you ever seen a sapphire like this?!?
- Sapphire accents: two bicolor/parti teal/blue Madagascar sapphires (approx. 0.38ct total)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed NJM (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside of band
- Hand-engraved vine detail and milgrain around each flush set gemstone
- The inside of this ring is carved out under the setting to create an even weight around the entire ring. It is so well balanced (not heavy), but substantial...and so comfortable to wear!
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page in the menu
- Ready-to-ship (if requesting resizing, please add an extra 10–14 business days for resizing). This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured sapphire ring. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a gilded lid black velvet Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
- SHIPPING within the US: this order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. No extra insurance is necessary when purchasing this item by itself.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment for the full value of the item. This item cannot be sent via First Class Mail.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.