- one-of-a-kind hoop earrings with posts
- ancient/museum earrings inspired this unique set of hoops that have little moving/dangly drops that hang from the bottom of the hoop. The artist intentionally made the earrings slightly different with embellishment, although they're the same size and style. The drops that hang from the bottom of each hoop were made by melting recycled silver, and rolling it into water while still glowing red. The drops were then attached to rings. These earrings are the result of 10+ solder joins and multiple tricky techniques for delicate silver...truly an artwork to be enjoyed by just one person! The edges are all smooth to the touch and easy to wear—not heavy or cumbersome...they're elegant and unique, like you!
- hand fabricated sterling/fine silver heirloom quality hoop earrings with standard sterling silver posts/butterfly backings (not heavy); meticulously and lovingly hand-crafted
- metal purity: each earring is stamped ".925" for sterling silver inside each hoop; the posts/backs are marked with tiny ".925" hallmarks.
- Stones: Natural vintage Damele turquoise/variscite (these earrings each have a 4mm polished stone) mined in Nevada, USA. The Damele mine is closed and the only thing available from this mine comes from hoarders' stashes and lapidaries.
- handmade in Kansas City, MO by artist Nicole Jo Melton
- Care instructions: please take care to not wear these earrings while bathing, swimming, sleeping, or in any instance where your earrings may be snagged. To keep your earrings from gaining unwanted patina, store in a plastic or velvet bag and use a Sunshine polishing cloth to clean.
- Ready to ship: You will receive the pictured earrings which will arrive in a gift box perfect for gifting to yourself (we see you!) or a loved one
- Please see current processing times for all items on our FAQ/Policies page.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.