This one of a kind Sonnet ring features a stunning, truly special Montana sapphire (parti/teal) withan additional two prong settings that hold hearts & arrows precision cut natural diamonds cut by Grunberger diamonds (4th generation diamond cutting company based in New York). Though small, these diamonds feature so much sparkle and accompany the teal/parti/bicolor Montana mined sapphire so gorgeously. We fell head over heals for those inky spots within the gem and the vibrant, earthy colors. Sonnet is a new design as part of our made to order collection of engagement and/or righthand rings found here (solitaire version, please email us to add diamonds).
Ring design details:
- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced to be ethical and conflict-free
- Band width: 1.6mm
- Setting size: approx. 7.4mm x 8.6mm
- Center stone is approx. 6mm x 8mm, 1.12 ct
- solid 14K gold (we use recycled milled and cast precious metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are conscientiously sourced from reputable gem dealers (confirmed by industry reputation, writing, and good faith)
Ready to ship ring details (pictured finished ring):
- There is 1 finished ring in the images (size 6) that is ready-to-ship in 14K yellow gold. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you up to 2 full ring sizes up or down in size (sizes 4–8; please contact us for additional sizing requests: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com). If resizing is needed, the process requires 10–14 business days to complete prior to shipping the ring to you.
Parti/bicolor teal (blue-green) unheated Montana sapphire (one of a kind): approx. 1.12 ct (approx. 6mm x 8mm). This sapphire is so unique and absolutely mermaid quality. This sapphire comes from our small business gem cutter and dealer family Rafael & Leah in Seattle, WA. This sapphire is unheated and has tiny but beautiful inclusions (whenever this is noted, we get so excited...inclusions = more visual interest and beauty and truly distinguish a stone from any other...we think of this as unique as a fingerprint).
- Montana sapphires are highly regarded and more difficult to obtain in larger sizes. There are four major locations for small mining of Montana sapphires: Yogo Gulch, Rock Creek, Dry Cottonwood Creek, and the gravel bars along the Missouri River northeast of Helena. The Missouri River, Rock Creek, and Dry Cottonwood Creek deposits are associated with high yields of high-clarity fancy sapphires, with colors ranging from light pinks, purples, oranges, yellows, and greens, to pale blues. Montana sapphires tend to be more pastel in color, with some rarer vibrant/deep blue/greens such as this sapphire.
- Diamond accents: 2 approx. 2mm precision brilliant cut hearts & arrows natural diamonds (SI clarity/GH color); total carat weight approx. 0.05ct
- RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship size 6 ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down UP TO 2 whole sizes takes approx. 10 days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please include a note in the "notes" section at checkout before choosing payment selection and also send me an email: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com with the resizing request (if using PayPal, sometimes the "note" drops off with PayPal). Once a piece has been shipped out, resizing at a later date will incur a fee. If you'd like information on whether I can resize this ring up or down more than 2 sizes, please email me first to discuss pricing/possibilities: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com.
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). Please see our Sonnet ring design listing for different gemstone options (you may contact us to create your ring with diamonds like this design, however, please note that this particular ring is one of a kind and sourcing another stone like it would be difficult). You may email us here.
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance if shipping within the US.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other shipping services.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.