- All Knot & Splice gemstones are carefully sourced
- Band width: 2.6–2.95mm (varies a bit as it's hand-carved)
- Setting size: approx. 10mm
- Center stone is approx. 6mm
- Currently a matte/brushed satin finish (but can be highly polished prior to shipping out)
- solid 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
Ready to ship ring details (pictured finished ring):
- This ring is currently a size 7.5, but we can resize it for you prior to shipping. We can resize this ring in-house complimentary to you down to size 6 and up to size 9 (quarter/half/whole sizes 6–9; please see the resizing info below). If purchasing this ring, select "Finished ring (0.58ct rosecut salt & pepper diamond 14K YG)" from the "Selection" drop-down menu, then select your correct ring size, and 14K yellow gold (the gold color cannot be changed for this option)).
- Gemstone: one of a kind round brilliant faceted cut 0.71ct light grey moisasnite (lab grown gemstone, moissanite is a diamond alternative that is approx. 9.25 on the mohs hardness scale (diamond is the hardest gem at 10 mohs scale and natural sapphire is a 9 on the mohs scale...moissanite is slightly harder than natural sapphire making it a perfect choice for daily wear and bridal). This moissanite is one of a kind.
What is moissanite?:
"Moissanite was first discovered by Henri Moissan in 1893 in a meteor crater in Arizona and was named in his honor. Initially Moissan mistook it for diamonds but later realized that it was a rock in its own right.
Moissanite in nature is extremely rare, so much so that all moissanite on the market is lab-created. Naturally occurring moissanite is only found in a few places in upper mantle rocks and mainly in meteorites. This connection to outer space is why this stone is sometimes called the ‘space diamond’ or ‘stardust’.
Moissanite is made of the mineral silicon carbide. Strong covalent bonding holds the crystalline structure together, similar to diamonds. This is why moissanite is very hard and able to withstand high pressure and temperatures.
Moissanite can withstand daily exposure and is highly resistant to scratching or breaking. Moissanite is also incredibly tough, meaning that it does not easily chip or cleave. It can withstand high temperatures and still maintain its sparkle.
Moissanite has exceptional sparkle and is one of the most brilliant gemstones. Moissanites have what is known as the ‘rainbow effect’ which is a fiery and colorful flash of color when the stone is viewed under light, especially natural light. This is due to moissanites very high Refractive Index (2.65).
While this is often not very visible in smaller stones, large moissanites can exhibit a strong rainbow effect. If this is something you prefer to avoid, a smaller stone may be more suitable for you."
- This ring pairs beautifully with our Apex and Arch rings
- RESIZING INFO (for the finished ready-to-ship size 7.5 ring in the photos): complimentary in-house resizing up or down (size 6–9 for this ring) takes approx. 10–14 days to complete as it is not a fast process and takes several hours (sometimes a full day) of careful work. Please include a note in the "notes" section at checkout before choosing payment selection and also send me an email: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com with the resizing request (if using PayPal, sometimes the "note" drops off with PayPal). Once a piece has been shipped out, resizing at a later date will incur a fee. If you'd like information on whether I can resize this ring up or down more than the listed sizes, please email me first to discuss pricing/possibilities: nicole [at] knotandsplice.com.
Other 14K gold colors and gemstones?: If you'd like to see the other 14K gold options and variety of gemstones we have available for this design as made to order, please see our Sequoia made to order listing)
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- There is only one ready-to-ship ring (finished photographed ring). All other options will be made just for you in the exact same design with your desired gemstone via this listing. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select UPS expedited, USPS Priority Mail, or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other shipping services.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.