"Sabina" is a one-of-a-kind hand fabricated work of art. Entirely made of 14K rose gold, Sabina features an off-set geometric rose-cut watermelon tourmline (highly coveted and difficult to find watermelon tourmaline that has multiple colors). "Sabina" is a crown of royalty, and ode to hand craftsmanship that is nearly lost in a modern, fast-paced and industrialized culture. Two sparkling and elegant salt and pepper diamonds add extra sparkle to this special ring.
- all gemstones are ethically sourced
- hand-fabricated one of a kind ring (alternative bridal or right hand ring)
- size 6 (this ring can be sized up or down up to 2 sizes (sizes 4–8)); complimentary resizing must be requested at the time of the order and will add an additional 10 business days to complete. Please include the desired size between ring sizes 4–8 (half/whole/quarter) in the “notes” at checkout if resizing is needed).
- Gemstones in this piece: heirloom ethically-sourced rosecut watermelon tourmaline (approx. 7.09x 10.9mm) and two round brilliant cut salt & pepper diamonds (approx. 0.06–0.08ct total)
- About tourmaline: If you're not familiar with tourmaline, it is a durable gem with a mohs hardness of 7–7.5 (diamond is the hardest gem at a 10, sapphire is a 9). "Some tourmalines provide a visual record of their crystal growth by displaying two or more areas of different color. These are known as bi-color or tai-color tourmalines. Most often they feature a combinations of pink and green or some variation. The color range is quite wide, ranging from orange to purple to brownish-pink and blue-green to apple-green. The most famous multi-color tourmalines are referred to in the trade as watermelon tourmaline, since they combine pink or red with green, sometimes with a thin white area separating the colors. Sometimes these watermelon tourmalines are cut as slices, with a pink core and a green rim. Clean material is usually faceted in long rectangular shapes, with an emerald or scissor cut. Note that the term watermelon tourmaline is mainly a trade name, and reports from gemological laboratories will typically identify these stones as "bi-color tourmaline." (additional gemstone info from AJS Gem)
- hand engrave-stippled micro texture
- solid 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- band dimensions: approx. 1.3mm wide hammered band
- hallmarked "14K" and "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton's signature) inside the ring band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page (located in the menu)
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details. Please note if requesting resizing, your correct ring size must be included in the “notes” at checkout with your order. Please allow an additional 10 business days for resizing.
SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order includes full insurance in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.