"Sabina" is a one-of-a-kind hand fabricated work of art. Entirely made of 14K rose gold, Sabina features an off-set geometric rose-cut watermelon tourmline (highly coveted and difficult to find watermelon tourmaline that has multiple colors). "Sabina" is a crown of royalty, and ode to hand craftsmanship that is nearly lost in a modern, fast-paced and industrialized culture. Two sparkling and elegant salt and pepper diamonds add extra sparkle to this special ring.
- all gemstones are ethically sourced
- hand-fabricated one of a kind ring
- size 6 (this ring cannot be resized)
- Gemstones in this piece: heirloom ethically-sourced rosecut watermelon tourmaline (approx. 7.09x 10.9mm) and two round brilliant cut salt & pepper diamonds (approx. 0.06–0.08ct total)
- About tourmaline: If you're not familiar with tourmaline, it is a durable gem with a mohs hardness of 7–7.5 (diamond is the hardest gem at a 10, sapphire is a 9). "Some tourmalines provide a visual record of their crystal growth by displaying two or more areas of different color. These are known as bi-color or tai-color tourmalines. Most often they feature a combinations of pink and green or some variation. The color range is quite wide, ranging from orange to purple to brownish-pink and blue-green to apple-green. The most famous multi-color tourmalines are referred to in the trade as watermelon tourmaline, since they combine pink or red with green, sometimes with a thin white area separating the colors. Sometimes these watermelon tourmalines are cut as slices, with a pink core and a green rim. Clean material is usually faceted in long rectangular shapes, with an emerald or scissor cut. Note that the term watermelon tourmaline is mainly a trade name, and reports from gemological laboratories will typically identify these stones as "bi-color tourmaline." (additional gemstone info from AJS Gem)
- hand engrave-stippled micro texture
- solid 14K rose gold (we use recycled milled metals)
- band dimensions: approx. 1.3mm wide hammered band
- hallmarked "14K" and "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton's signature) inside the ring band
- Please see care instructions: FAQ/Policies page (located in the menu)
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item. Your ring will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page. If you'd like to place an order for a similar bespoke piece, please see our Bespoke page for process/details.
SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order includes full insurance in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery.
- International shipping: please select Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express and purchase insurance for the full value of the item in the shop. We are not responsible for lost/stolen packages and highly recommend insuring your investment.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.