- One of a kind pendant and chain
- Delicate hand-sculpted fine silver and 24K pendant reminiscent of an abstract cameo...the lines are hand carved in a leaflike radiating pattern.
- About the stone: This pendant features a beautiful approx. 2mm faceted Wyoming mined ruby. This stone is guaranteed to be an ethical/conflict-free gemstone.
- Process for how this piece was made: This piece was hand sculpted and carved and then torch fired with the stone in place. It's one of a kind (not cast from a mold)—an original artwork. An ancient gilding technique called keum-boo has been used to apply a thick layer of 24K yellow gold foil to the fine silver surface. The gold is layered onto the surface, heated, and then burnished into the silver—this process creates a permanent diffusion bond.
- 18" long high-quality but delicate 18K gold vermeil necklace (18K plating over sterling silver)
- the back of the pendant is carved "NM" (signature for Nicole Melton) and stamped ".925" for sterling silver and "24K" for 24K gold
- Care: oxidized sterling silver can turn shinier as it's worn and handled (the oils from our skin prevent oxidization; see our FAQ/Policies page for care instructions), we recommend you store this piece in a sealed plastic bag and inside a jewelry box to preserve the polished look. Do not clean this jewelry with jewelry cleaners...gentle liquid soap and water may be used, but take care not to remove the patina. When in doubt, please send us an email and we will advise.
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item (pendant with chain). Your pendant will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I use a macro lens and Canon DSLR camera which captures details that the naked eye cannot see. I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.