"Lucienne" means "light" in French. This piece is so sparkly, but carries the goodness of ethically sourced gems. Look closely at this alluring grey moonstone. Not only does she sparkle and flash beams of silver, but she has some dark, diagonal crystal-looking inclusions. She is accompanied by an old world cut of faceted ruby (pre-1970s, not newly mined), this ruby appears to be hand cut as the crown is slightly off center. Her one of a kind quirkiness is a beautiful contrast to the rosecut grey moonstone...and a reminder that this piece was handmade with love and is like nothing else in the world!
- One of a kind dainty and entirely handmade 14K yellow gold pendant (the moonstone is backed in sterling silver for affordability and to enhance the sparkle of the rosecut) with a sparkling faceted vintage ruby, African grey moonstone, and hand-impressed milgrain detail around the ruby.
- Materials: 14K yellow gold, sterling silver (bezel backing for moonstone), and 14K gold-filled chain
- Approx. 3mm vintage natural ruby (pre-1970s, this gem is not newly mined nor newly cut, and has a gorgeous and rich ruby color)
- Approx. 10 x 12 mm ethically sourced natural rosecut African moonstone (it has almost rutile-like inclusions within the gem that give it a unique look)
- Total approx. pendant dimensions: 10.51 x 21.81 mm
- High polish finish (but if you'd like it to have a brushed/matte finish, please just leave a note at checkout with that preference)
- Arrives on a high-quality 18" 14K gold-filled (14/20) rolo chain (solid gold chain pricing available by email)
- hallmarked "14K" and ".925" for 14K and sterling silver purity. Also signed "NJM" for the artist's signature
- Care: please see our FAQ page (you should remove your jewelry before swimming, showering, sleeping, exercising, etc. to protect your investment)
- handmade in beautiful Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Ready-to-ship. This item is completely one-of-a-kind. You are purchasing the pictured item (pendant with chain). Your pendant will be carefully packaged inside a Knot & Splice fine jewelry gift box. Please see current processing times for both made-to-order and ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- This piece is insured up to $400 via third party insurance (if you need more insurance for your order, we highly recommend it as we are not liable if your package is lost or stolen in the mail). You will find additional insurance here.
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.