Hand-woven textile necklace (approx. 30" around from fabric end to fabric end—made to slip over the head). A piece for the textile, stone, and metal lover. This necklace makes a bold statement about love for one of a kind art/handmade, art appreciation, and material enthusiast.
- The hand-woven part was woven by Nicole Jo Melton on a wooden floor loom using vintage, repurposed, and new fibers: all cotton, silk, rayon, and bamboo blends. The necklace was then machine-stitched.
- The necklace varies in width throughout, but is approx. 1.5" wide + fringe.
- You can follow Nicole's handwoven work on her @knotandsplicetextiles Instagram.
- Handmade large brass pendant with a gorgeous and rare Indian Paint stone (natural; from Death Valley, CA—these are super hard to find these days, especially at this large size).
- The entire setting is approx. 31x60mm (almost 2.5" long by over 1.25").
- The brass pendant was completely hand-fabricated using ancient metal smithing techniques. The back is signed "NJM" with the maker's signature.
- This piece is a labor of love that has been both hand-woven and metal-worked by artist, Nicole Jo Melton, in her Kansas City home studio. It easily slips over the head and is soft to wear, but should be worn with care (i.e. the piece should not be washed as it could change the feel of both the fibers and destroy the patina on the metal). Please spot clean as needed.
- This item is ready-to-ship; Please see current processing times for ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.This item is a one-of-a-kind piece. The pictured item is ready-to-ship and is the exact item you will receive.