This is a handmade ring that is completely one of a kind (no mold was made and none will ever be replicated the same way again...see the last photo of this ring when it was being made in wax). It was first hand-carved in wax, cast using the ancient lost wax casting process (cast in 14K rose gold). The stone is a gorgeous square radiant cut lavender Montana sapphire with the most stunning and rare of colors. The silk inclusions make it such a dream to look at in different lighting. The rose gold enhances the pinks within the sapphire as the setting is fully enclosed and polished, illuminating the facets within the stone. A little surprise under the setting with droplets of gold gives this ring the perfect dewy feeling of a flower on the vine.
Bezels are a very low-maintenance setting for a daily wear ring. They're perfect for the adventurer (although for longevity of even the strongest ring, I always recommend you remove your ring before gardening, lifting weights, etc.). Heavier bezels are so strong, in fact, that in order to remove the stone, they'd have to be cut apart...aka one doesn't have to worry about prongs becoming loose or worn over time from normal daily wear.
Custom versions?: If you'd like a different stone in a similar style, please email us Nicole [at] knotandsplice.com. This sapphire is truly one of a kind and won't be replicated, but we can research a different gemstone for your ring if desiring a different 14k/18k color or setting style.
One of a kind ring design details:
- Current size: size 6.25(we can resize this exact ring from US ring sizes 4.25–8.5 (quarter, half, whole sizes) complimentary to you; please allow up to 14 business days to complete resizing prior to shipping it out to you). Please choose your ring size preference from the drop-down menus.
- Band width: 2–2.1mm
- Band thickness: 1.9–1.9mm
- Bezel setting size: approx. 8.2 mm x 8.4 mmx 3.8 mm (height; sits above band so a similar thickness ring can slide underneath the setting)
- Accent white diamonds?: we intentionally left this a solitaire for those who do not want diamonds inset into the band. We have added this option to the drop-down where you may have diamonds set into the band (flush or bead set)
- Montana sapphire center stone—this 1.17ct square radiant cut Montana sapphire is completely one of a kind (and a rarity as lavender and pinks are the most rare to discover from this origin especially). This one of a kind sapphire from Montana ranges from an icy blue to a lavender purple (depending on the lighting). We photographed this ring in indirect and direct sunlight which makes the sapphire much more purple with hints of pink. Indoor LED lighting makes it appear more lavender without much variation. It has a gorgeous tranparency with a bit of silky inclusions well-known for Montana sapphires.
- solid 14K rose gold
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for the pictured ring in the photos. It is one of a kind. If needing resizing, please allow up to 14 business days to complete the resizing and package your order for shipping. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.