Hand-woven textile necklace (approx. 30" around from fabric end to fabric end—made to slip over the head). A piece for the textile, stone, and metal lover. This necklace makes a bold statement about love for one of a kind art/handmade, art appreciation, and material enthusiast.
- The hand-woven part was woven by Nicole Jo Melton on a wooden floor loom using vintage, repurposed, and new fibers: all cotton, silk, rayon, and bamboo blends. The necklace was then machine-stitched.
- The necklace varies in width throughout, but is approx. 1.5" wide + fringe.
- Handmade large brass pendant with a stone that Nicole cut in a lapidary workshop. The stone is a large Montana agate cabochon.
- The entire setting is approx. 31x45mm (just under 2" long by almost 1.25"). The brass pendant was completely hand-fabricated using ancient metal smithing techniques. The back is signed "NJM" with the maker's signature.
- You can follow Nicole's handwoven work on her @knotandsplicetextiles Instagram.
- This piece is a labor of love that has been both hand-woven and metal-worked by artist, Nicole Jo Melton, in her Kansas City home studio. It easily slips over the head and is soft to wear, but should be worn with care (i.e. the piece should not be washed as it could change the feel of both the fibers and destroy the patina on the metal).This item is ready-to-ship; Please see current processing times for ready-to-ship items on our FAQ/Policies page.
- Ready to ship: This item is a one-of-a-kind piece. The pictured item is ready-to-ship and is the exact item you will receive.