This is a one of a kind Flora ring with a gorgeous parti/bi-color blue Australian sapphire in 14K yellow gold with grey/salt & pepper diamonds. "Flora" has elements of traditional design as a cluster ring with a touch of organic detailing and unique gemstones. This piece is for the lover of simple, classic beauty with a little something extra, and it's handmade! Each piece made by Knot & Splice is actually fabricated, wax carved, and/or hand-set in artist Nicole Jo Melton's home studio.
For the made to order option of this beloved design, we can create your ring with your choice of gemstone and 14K gold selection found here.
One of a kind ring design details:
- Current size: size 7 (we can resize this exact ring from US ring sizes 4–9 (quarter, half, whole sizes) complimentary to you; please allow 10–14 business days to complete resizing prior to shipping it out to you). Please choose your ring size preference from the drop-down menus.
- Band width: 1.3mm
- Setting size: approx. 6.3mm x 7.1mm x 4mm
- Center stone is approx. 4mm (carat weight varies by gemstone)
- Accent grey/salt & pepper diamonds: approx. 0.08ct; these accent diamonds are round brilliant cut grey/salt & pepper diamonds from one of our ethically sourced diamond suppliers in Canada. They have just a bit of grey and speckles, but are still ultra sparkly. We love salt & pepper diamonds as they're so unique and really add that extra special something to your ring not found in a commercial jewelry store.
- Australian sapphire center stone—this sapphire is gorgeous, with deep ocean blue, light pastel sky blue, and a hint of green. In indoor lighting, it has a bit of a color change effect, appearing a bit deeper in color. Take it outside in the sunshine, and enjoy all its watercolor luster!
More info about Australian sapphires: "The typical Australian sapphires have dark blue colour, a strong green dichroic and colour zoning. The Parti colour Sapphire, usually blue, green and yellow in one stone is my favourite. Many stones are cut shallowly to make the colour appear lighter.
The sapphire (corundum group), the members of which are characterised by their excellent hardness (9 on the Mohs scale). Indeed their hardness is exceeded only by that of the diamond, – and the diamond is the hardest mineral on Earth! Thanks to that hardness, Australian sapphires are easy to look after, requiring no more than the usual care on the part of the wearer. The sapphire symbolises loyalty, but at the same time it gives expression to people’s love and longing.
The color of Australian Sapphires can remind one of the shining mid-blue of a lovely summer’s day, which casts its spell over us. However, this magnificent gemstone also comes in many other colours: Green, Yellow, Parti, Colour Change and many other colours." (from Gemrockauctions.com)
- solid 14K yellow gold (we use recycled milled metals; if interested in other metals or gemstones, please see our made to order Flora ring link here)
- hallmarked "14K" and signed "NJM" (Nicole Jo Melton) on the inside band
- all the gemstones we use are ethically sourced from reputable gem dealers
- Approx. main gemstone size is 4mm
General shipping details:
- Please see care instructions: please see the FAQ/Policies page from the menu.
- This listing is for the pictured ring in the photos. It is one of a kind. If needing resizing, please allow 10–14 business days to complete the resizing and package your order for shipping. Please see our current processing times on the FAQ page
- SHIPPING within the US: this fine jewelry order will be fully insured in the US via Third Party insurance (not noted on the outside of the package) with a signature required for delivery. There is no need to purchase additional insurance.
- International shipping: please select USPS Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express for this item. Your package will be shipped with full third-party insurance and a signature required. Please email for other ship
Please note: While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. These images were taken with a Canon DSLR and macro lens (this shows much more detail than the eye can see). Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece.