- US ring size: 6.5 (sorry, we cannot offer ring sizing)
- Process for how this unique ring was made: the ring setting was hand sculpted and carved by the artist in her studio making each piece one of a kind (not molded, not cast...you are purchasing the actual miniature sculpture; only one exists exactly like it in the world!). Once carved, the piece was torch fired to high heat. After being cooled and cleaned, a wash of 22K gold was applied using the keum-boo method (keum-boo is an ancient gilding technique where high karat gold is bonded to a fine silver surface). The piece was then torch fired again, melding both metals together. A 14K yellow gold band was measured, soldered, and hammered into shape and soldered to the ring face. A faceted nearly-colorless moissanite stone is flush-set into the metal, creating a perfectly invisible but permanent ring setting.
- Stone: approx. 2mm faceted natural, ethically-mined Montana sapphire
- About this precious stone from our stone source: Montana sapphires are highly treasured and difficult to find! This stone comes from a vintage collection. This piece is conflict-free, being mined in the United States and coming from a vintage collection. The majority of Montana sapphires are handsomely priced in faceted form (the larger the stone, the higher the value). Not every rough piece of sapphire is suitable for the faceting process...much of the stone is lost in the cutting process.
- You can feel great about your Knot & Splice purchase—not only because it's handmade using recycled metals, but because the stones we use are guaranteed to be ethically-mined. Thank you for your support!
- Recycled metals:
ring face: fine silver (.999) with a keumboo overlay of 22K gold (thick layer)
ring band: solid 14K yellow gold
the piece is hallmarked for 14K gold (greatest gold content in the piece and .925 for sterling silver)
- handmade in Kansas City, MO by Nicole Jo Melton
- Please see care instructions on the FAQ/Policies page
- ready-to-ship (please see our FAQ/Policies page for processing time
Please note: Most mobile devices make the colors in the photos look less saturated than they are to the eye. While every effort is made to photograph the items to be an accurate representation, photography and computer monitors have limitations and differences. Colors and brightness may vary on different devices. I believe these pieces look so much prettier in person when held in the hand and admired by the eye (I've also been told this many times by Knot & Splice customers). I hope you're delighted when you receive your special piece in the mail.